• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much should rabbits lay about?

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
I don't know about other people's rabbits but my two spend lots of time resting, especially Frosty.

Is this normal?

I know rabbits are more active at dawn and dusk, but is just laying about lots a sign of illness?

Alvins a lazy little monster too.... probably 2 or 3 mad bursts a day then back to sleeping under the sofa.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guinness is only 4 months old and all he does is lay about, he has a run about around 7am, 5pm, then again at about 10pm but only for about 10 mins each time! If im home all day and hes out of his hutch all day he barely runs about at all, he just sleeps, eats, cleans, sleeps eats, cleans! :lol:

My indoor buns are a lot lazier than my outdoor bunnies, they have a wild 2 hours in the mornng then sleep all day.. The outdoor buns do go and sleep in the day but seem much more active then my lazy two :lol:

My indoor buns are a lot lazier than my outdoor bunnies, they have a wild 2 hours in the mornng then sleep all day.. The outdoor buns do go and sleep in the day but seem much more active then my lazy two :lol:

I agree with this! My outdoor buns are active throughout the day milling about and grazing etc but the indoor buns I look after are much less active.

My indoor ones, one of them is very lazy and sometimes doesn't want to come out of his crate, but Faline is super energetic. She's into everything!

The outside buns I notice the same actually. The girls are much more energetic than the boys and are often out on what I call 'sentry duty' in the run.

my lops dose most of the day when in their room, although will be a lot more energetic if allowed to roam the house like at the weekend. Rosie nethie however is a complete nutter and is always chomping hay or runing around. She never snoozes.

my outdoor buns are more active whereas my indoor bun seems to like lazing about with the occasional mad half hour sprints.............

Mine have a run around between 5-7am, then again at about 5pm.. then around 11pm they have another mad run around for an hour or so. The rest of the time they are either flopped out under the bed or trying to destroy my furniture/cardboard boxes etc :)

Mine are quite active at dawn and dusk but most of the time, between about 8am and 3pm, they just sit in the playhouse nibbling hay and napping.

Back