• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello to everybun!

NickieM

Warren Veteran
:wave: Hi Guys

My name is Nickie and I live in Elgin in the north of Scotland, up near Inverness. I live with my husband and two teenage sons. My youngest son, Christopher, is the reason why we have rabbits. He had always wanted a pet but because my other son was allergic we never got any. Eventually we got a friend's rabbit due to a divorce and house move. We quickly got another as company. Unfortunately, the original bunny, Holly, died in July.

We then got another rescue rabbit as companion to her partner who was lonely. We now have two, Wolfgang, who is a cute white/grey bunny with a bit of an Elvis quiff, and Gloria, who is a lionhead and very glamorous. She's a bit of an overblown 50s film star.

They live together in our garden in a huge compound and are free to come and go during the day, but get locked away at night. They love being let out in the morning and do little dances when they see me coming. They are more interested in getting out and investigating than eating!!! Well Gloria is pretty interested in eating too.

They have dug a huge burrow in their compound which is underneath the shelter part of their ark. They sit around it when they doze and pop down it if they get a fright. Other than that they are great fun and get on together really well. They bonded well after a bit of a dodgy start which involved clumps of fur and lots of humping. Bit of a shock after my first bonding experience which was an unrealistic love at first sight. First bunny Holly was a lot older and probably couldn't be bothered trying to dominate a bouncy teen and just let him be boss. Gloria wasn't quite such a push over!! Now it is all licks, snuggles and being together. Like Derby and Joan. Long may it continue.

I have added a link to my photobucket site so you can check out my beauties. See what you think.

I am looking forward to being able to get information and tips from other people and wish I had found this site faster.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/NickieM_elgin/

Back