• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues - how many did you rehome last year?

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
Hopper Haven took in 160 rabbits and rehomed 110 during 2007.
(And we took in 109 guinea pigs and rehomed 123.)

How about the rest of you?

We have 136 rabbits at the moment:shock: More than 50 that arrived this year are still here as some of those rehomed in 2007 arrived in 2006.
Which of course is how we rehomed more guinea pigs than we took in.

We rehomed 129 rabbits and 34 guinea pigs :D

We took in 141 rabbits and 37 guineas...and 9 more gps were born in the rescue/at fosterers..so total 46!

Well done on your figure Louise..and the amount you have to care for:shock:

I'm after a piece of land too so we can extend..but so far all my tickets have been losers!:(:lol:

Last edited:
:wave: Well done.
How many did you take in Jill?

Land cool:D I have my eye on adjoining bits too. We aquired an allotment next to the main plot this year, although we don't own it.

That is 239 rehomed between us:D

Last edited:
My goodness! :shock: That is amazing, I actually had no idea quite so many passed through one rescue alone! Well done guys, you're all amazing :thumb:

I forgot to add that we also took in and rehomed 4 dogs, 2 cats, some rats (can't remember how many now)

I'm not a rescue, but took in 8 , rehomed Furby, Barney, Crystal, Shadow,..does Nia count as I rehomed her to us:)lol:), took Pansy and Sapphire to Jill who did all the hard bits(spaying and rehoming), and now Toyah who's hopefully going to live with louandjoe if they like each other!!!

Poor Bunny's! I think you are all so fantastic what you do for these animals!

I think the Government or someone should bring in some rules and regualtions as to people breeding animals for cash purposes only without a thought for the animals! They should bring back animal licenses for all types of pet and breeders!
:thumb:

rabbits I have taken in 315 and of which 155 were rspca and I rehomed 285 rabbits, guineas I have taken in 285 and rehomed 250

This is kind of a Happy and Sad thread really.

It's great that so many have found new homes, but sad that they needed new homes in the first place. But that doesn't detract from the great work the rescues are doing, I really didn't think that so many were rehomed in a year!

Hannah

I took in 212 rabs and 33guinea pigs, I have rehomed 192 kept 1 bun & 3 guinea pigs (this isn't including loopylops Winnie as I kidnapped her:lol:). out of the 212 a friend as adopted 13 off me and helped a few people of here too.

Back