• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Sponsor Duke :(

March Hare

Warren Veteran
Hi Everybun! :wave:

My name is Duke. I am a VERY sweet natured and cuddley LionheadX, who is a permanent resident of Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue. I am a dental bun, so I have a lot of trouble with my teeth....the doctor says I have very bad molar spurs. I used to have to have dentals every 3 months.....but my teeth keep getting worse and worse, and now I have to go at least every four weeks.:cry: Mummy Caroline has been doing everything in her power to help me.....including feeding me lots and lots of hay and roughage to eat, but my poor little teeth keep growing and getting painful. :cry: It is also very expensive, and costs the rescue £60 every time I need to go. Today whilst I was at the doctors, the doctor told mummy that he thought I should be helped to the Bridge. I don't know what this means, or where the Bridge IS.....but I was feeling scared and uneasy as Mummy got very upset and wouldn't let him take me there. So I decided to come on here and ask all of you on RU if you would consider sponsoring me for £12 per year. This would help towards my dentals and make sure that I can live a long, happy life with my friends Hope, Lizzie, and Nelson. That would make me VERY happy! In return for your sponsorship, Mummy will send you photos and updates, and cards on your birthday and Christmas so you can see how I am doing!:D

If you could find it in your heart to help me, please pm my Mummy at the rescue (bunnyrun) and she will get back to you.

Please help me!!!!!

With Loads Of Love & Bunny Hugs,

Duke XXXXX :love:

Here I Am !!!!! :D
ADuke11.jpg

ADuke6.jpg

You are very cute and although i cannot sponsor you i wish you luck and can suggest your mum tries to rehome you in Nottingham area through this forum..as there are 2 vets there who can burr your molars for £5- £10 per time..and i'm sure someone would pay that to be able to have you!:D

You are very cute and although i cannot sponsor you i wish you luck and can suggest your mum tries to rehome you in Nottingham area through this forum..as there are 2 vets there who can burr your molars for £5- £10 per time..and i'm sure someone would pay that to be able to have you!:D

The price for having this done in this area is pretty astronomical, presumabley the reason being that it requires a general anesthetic to accomplish....due to Dukes problems, they say that they cannot do it without a GA. It IS a lot of money.....and being a bit wary that perhaps they were trying to take advantage of Caroline, I approached the vet myself under the pretense that he was mine and I needed a price quoting (sneaky, I know.....but needs must!:p)....and they gave me the exact same quote that they gave her.:roll: Which is good in that it means they weren't attempting to pull one over on her.....but bad in that it is extraordinarily expensive.....especially considering how often he now needs it done. I also did the same routine for the other big veterinary practice in the area, and they quoted me a price within £3 of the price of the original vet. So basically in our area, we are looking at approximately £700 per year just to have this little chap's teeth attended to if the vet's recommended schedule is followed. Having personally fallen TOTALLY in love with this little man and his cuddley, loving nature, the vet's 'OTHER' recommendation is quite frankly horrifying to me. :evil: :evil: :cry: I WISH his teeth could be attended to for the price of the vet's in YOUR area......if they could, there is NO question that he would be coming to MY house to live!!! :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
What a huge amount!

I will sponsor Duke, could you send me details of where to send my cheque via PM.

I don't know much about GAs but doesn't it make him weaker having to have them so often?

Thank you SO much!!!:D :D Caroline will be in touch with you when she gets home to give you both details!:D :D

I don't know all that much about GA's either.....I just know that I am scared to death of them.....and every time one of my buns needs one, I am a TOTAL wreck until I am sure that they are okay! :cry: That is another thing that I think would make it EXTREMELY difficult for me to cope with if I had Duke.....going through that every 4 weeks or so would be more than I could cope with emotionally, I think. :cry: I wish SO much that we could find a place in our area that would do it without a GA. :cry:

The price for having this done in this area is pretty astronomical, presumabley the reason being that it requires a general anesthetic to accomplish....due to Dukes problems, they say that they cannot do it without a GA. It IS a lot of money.....and being a bit wary that perhaps they were trying to take advantage of Caroline, I approached the vet myself under the pretense that he was mine and I needed a price quoting (sneaky, I know.....but needs must!:p)....and they gave me the exact same quote that they gave her.:roll: Which is good in that it means they weren't attempting to pull one over on her.....but bad in that it is extraordinarily expensive.....especially considering how often he now needs it done. I also did the same routine for the other big veterinary practice in the area, and they quoted me a price within £3 of the price of the original vet. So basically in our area, we are looking at approximately £700 per year just to have this little chap's teeth attended to if the vet's recommended schedule is followed. Having personally fallen TOTALLY in love with this little man and his cuddley, loving nature, the vet's 'OTHER' recommendation is quite frankly horrifying to me. :evil: :evil: :cry: I WISH his teeth could be attended to for the price of the vet's in YOUR area......if they could, there is NO question that he would be coming to MY house to live!!! :cry: :cry:

GA dentals cost £60 at one of my vets and have just risen to £90 at the other!!!:shock::shock:

Thankfully they will do incisors minus GA for £10 and dental work with a neuter for free.

Its still an astonishing amount of money to charge a rescue (or owner for that matter) over the course of a rabbits life.

I totally agree Sooz.....I am still in shock over it!:shock: We can get incisors done for about £5 without GA, which is a good thing as one of my buns is a dental bun that needs his incisors done on a regular basis. If it goes up to £90 HERE, it will be a real catastrophe! :(

Back