• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scary stuff this big freeze..

Mine have lots of hay in with them and covers down over. Although its freezing and extremly windy, benji still sits out in it :roll: and i touched him and he feels warm :?::rolleyes:

Maya has extra blubber...so hes doing just fine. Bindi has extra shredded paper. Piggies have loadsa hay...that i am sure they will munch their way through to keep warm. Furry ferrets are all cuddled up under their fleece blankets....and i'm freezing :roll:

I guess it's missing here (south beds) bbc weather says coldest is two degrees

I don't really do anything extra for my lot other than wrap the bottles in bubblewrap and change them more frequently; they've all got cosy places stuffed with straw and hay anyway, but they all seem to prefer sitting out in the wind/rain/snow etc :roll:

It's definitely chilly here but nothing that would make me panic about the buns getting cold.

It doesn't seem that cold here, I've put a snuggle safe in the piggie hutch and added extra hay/straw in the bunny shed.

well mine have tons of hay and straw, and are covered up by tarpaulin @ nite, but thats what i do everynite when its cold, so nothign extra 2nite xx

Mine have a thermal hutch cover, carpet and I have given them my picnic blanket to lay on as they still don't go in their bedroom which has loads of old towels in to keep them warm. They don't do staw:shock:

It's blowing a gale up north

Mine have a carrier filled with towels, hay and snugglesafes in their bedroom departments and the usual tarps over the front.

It is definiately below freezing here tonight.

Mine don't have a sugglesafe - now I am worrying will they be warm enough?

About 9 inches of newspaper, carpet, no straw cos Flopsy will kick it out and lay on floor, won't go in bedroom which has 4 old towels so have put in my old picnic blanket for them - hubby doesn't know:lol: plus they have an all over insulated hutch cover.

Do you think they will be warm enough?

Mine don't have a sugglesafe - now I am worrying will they be warm enough?

About 9 inches of newspaper, carpet, no straw cos Flopsy will kick it out and lay on floor, won't go in bedroom which has 4 old towels so have put in my old picnic blanket for them - hubby doesn't know:lol: plus they have an all over insulated hutch cover.

Do you think they will be warm enough?

They will be fine, they cope better wih cold than heat anyway.

I worry too much, I doubt any of mine will actually use the carrier unless they get peckish!

I worry loads - have been out tonight about 5 times so make sure the cover is still in tact - havn't disturbed them though.

Sure they will be fine snuggling up to each other.

Back