• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We got Zola!!! little advice please

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
We picked Zola up a day early and he is settling in at home. Wispa has sniffed him through the cage but seems a bit annoyed that we have another bun! His eyes are red even though we were assured they were blue, he doesnt look evil though he looks gorgeous and massive!!!! I'll get decent pics later on.

Is it a bad sign that Wispa is annoyed?

Last edited:
watch out for bitten noses though - they see it as an invasion of their territory :roll: I'd love a REW bunny - I think they are gorgeous :p

at very first Wispa nipped him when she was out and he was trying to get out.

They've had a run around, absolutely no scuffles but he keeps humping her. we were warned about this so i might limit play times or wait until hes de-plummed. she runs away from him but has been humped a few times.

it looks like once he stops humping they will get on well as there is no fights but i dont want to start one by him humping her all the time!!! will me getting him done stop the humping?

Is Wispa Spayed?

Getting him neutered will calm him down but the humping is also a dominence thing.

Probably best to wait til he's done before introducing them. Because everytime you seperate them you go back to square one. Rabbits don't do playtime with each other in the same way others animals do.

we have a divider in our dog crate and they are living in either side so arent being seperated properly. Wispa is spayed so no chance of babies

Humping is a way of asserting himself and will calm down,bobbys been done when we bonded him he humped all night then started too calm down,rick

thanks. we have decided to keep them seperated by pen, they can smell each other and can sit next to each other etc, i just feel bad when he humps her head and she comes away from it with a wet face. She kept running away so we will wait until he is humping her for dominance reasons and not because he wants to make little bunny babies

Back