• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can you stop bullying?

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
I am concerned that Frosty might be bullying Smudge when we are not about.

When we are about he is very nosey and if we give her some food he always gets a bit to... however if he finishes his bit or gets fed up with his bit he will try to steal hers. She often just gives it to him...

I don't want Smudge to get less food and go hungry or thirsty just because Frosty is a big mean bully to her.

Mine both do this, Charlie eats a bit quicker so I try and distract him whilst Poppy finishes and I spread the food around so one of them can't hog it, bits of veg get given directly too them, they each take a piece from me. Last night an alfalfa cube got passed between them loads

Mine do this particularly with veg. With morning pellets minstrel will eat until the food is gone whereas Piper will eat till she gets bored and then hop off, we've started taking the bowl away when Piper walks off and then giving it back to them in a bit.

With veg she tends to take a bit and run off with it but sometimes he thinks hers looks better than his identical piece of veg and steals it off her :oops:

Any tips to stop this would be great I do try to spread it about a bit or give Piper some when she comes to the kitchen to see what I'm doing before giving any to minstrel

Mine both do this, Charlie eats a bit quicker so I try and distract him whilst Poppy finishes and I spread the food around so one of them can't hog it, bits of veg get given directly too them, they each take a piece from me. Last night an alfalfa cube got passed between them loads

See, now I have gone down this tactic as well. Its Frosty who is the pain. I spread the food about and he will start eating but as soon as he notices Smudge eating something he bounds over nudges her until she drops it or gives it to him. Then she just hops off and wont eat for a bit.

Even if we give food to them directly he will drop his and try to take Smudges...

So every time he is doing this and we catch him we push him (gently) away from her and say "No" firmly.

Will this work eventually?

Can you feed them in two different places? My bf sometimes bring Poppy in and gives her pellets whilst Charlie gobbles all of his, or I put one on the sofa and one on the floor.

Back