• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone phoned the RWA Vet Information...

casu consulto

Mama Doe
... line?
I'm a member of the RWA, so I know I can use it. And I need some rabbit savvy vet, because although my local vet can administer vaccines correctly, I'm not sure I'd trust them if my rabbits were ill. What's more, my local vet practice is always, always changing vets. I think it must be a place vets are sent to gain experience or something, because they're never there for more than 6 months... So, basically, even when there's one there who seems to know what he or she is talking about, by the time I am back there, a new one is in place and I don't know what I'm dealing with.

I'm just wondering - I phone, give my reference number - will they then provide a list of vet practices they can recommend, meaning I'll have to have a pen and pad of paper handy?

I get so nervous on the phone. :oops:

... line?
I'm a member of the RWA, so I know I can use it. And I need some rabbit savvy vet, because although my local vet can administer vaccines correctly, I'm not sure I'd trust them if my rabbits were ill. What's more, my local vet practice is always, always changing vets. I think it must be a place vets are sent to gain experience or something, because they're never there for more than 6 months... So, basically, even when there's one there who seems to know what he or she is talking about, by the time I am back there, a new one is in place and I don't know what I'm dealing with.

I'm just wondering - I phone, give my reference number - will they then provide a list of vet practices they can recommend, meaning I'll have to have a pen and pad of paper handy?

I get so nervous on the phone. :oops:

Yes, you will just need to give your name and membership number plus the area you are looking for a Vet in

They will then read you off the contact details of any Vets in your area that *have been recommended to them by a previous client*

Pen and paper at the ready :D

Janex

You'll probably talk to a lady called Anne, who does a lot of the organising for the RWA :) Yes, you'll need your member number and she'll give you the list. I'm not sure but I think you can also email - try the contact form on their website :)

Tamsin

Email response takes about two days as it has to be redirected to the appropriate party :D

Back