• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A trio with one left out

karen354

Warren Veteran
Sorry I know I asked for advice the other day but it was over Christamas and really quiet on here...

I have a trio but two of the buns are very very close and don't leave each others side these two are male and female and have been together the longest.
Thomas is often on his own :( if he goes to snuggle with Fudge Furby nudges his bum with her nose and see's him off....
Thomas is always binking around and seems happy but can't help thinking I need another bun to make them a foursome..

Furby was not nice when bonding Thomas with them, it was a long and hard work bond.. I've been told I might be better bonding another male into their group as it's usually the girls that cause the fuss? that wou make 3 boys and 1 girl.

Can you not get another bun and have two pairs or a four? maybe that would be better. I was going to bond two males and a female but got advised it wasnt good :?xx

Depends so much on the rabbits personalities Karen. I did try to add another boy to my 2 buck trio (I didnt try hard I hasten to add, I wanted to see what would happen) and Fiver went ape at him where as Scout was unbothered by him.

I think if I added a girl Scout would go bonkers where as little Marley really souldn't care either way!

I suppose it depends on who is the alpha rabbit and what would bother them most, it is not necessarily a rabbit of the same gender.

I have a trio of two girls and a boy, had boy/girl to begin with. At first the new addition, Sweetpea was definatly being left out and "bullyied" by the other girl, who was quite possesive of Gus, my boy. I nearly split them up but kept with it and things have made a real improvement in the past month, they have been together about 6 months!

Now the all take turms in snuggling up together, usually Sweetpea and Gus are together but Poppy seems happy with this since I gave her a ledge to jump on which the other two won't go on. I think she prefers to be able to get away from the other two even though she was one of the origina pair :roll:

The two boys are both very laid back it's Furby the boss of the group :lol:
I think I may try and look for a laid back boy to try and add to their group.

I don't want to take Thomas out of the group because I don't really have the room for another shed..

I'd ditto trying the possibility of adding another bun. Personally I'd add another male cos I think they're easier to bond than girls - others may disagree - I had a group of three bucks and a doe and it worked well :D

Thanks for the replys :D I've just been out to sit in the shed with them Furby was off digging and Thomas and Fudge(boys) were grooming the life out of each other, I know as soon as "The boss" come back into the shed Fudge would go back to his wifeybun..
Okay I'm decided I'll get another boy to add to the group, I don't think I'll get one straight away but I will in the next few months..

I'd ditto trying the possibility of adding another bun. Personally I'd add another male cos I think they're easier to bond than girls - others may disagree - I had a group of three bucks and a doe and it worked well :D

Just spotted Chesnut :love::love:
oh my I'm in love.

We initially tried Puck Mina and Bilbo as a trio and stuck with it for a couple of months, but Mina was often being left out and Puck started bullying her.

We then took Puck out and bonded Mina and Bilbo with Rocky and Crocus and they were so much happier. (3 boys and one girl) Pucks now back with them too and they all get along much better than when they were a trio.

He's lovely.... Are you going to have a look at him, or are you still at the "maybe, just maybe" stage:lol:

He's lovely.... Are you going to have a look at him, or are you still at the "maybe, just maybe" stage:lol:

I think we are passed the maybe stage :lol: .. Chloe is around 2 hours away from us so quite a long trip there and back, and Andy is busy most weekends with his footie coaching ..

He's a little stunner isn't he ?

Awwww he's beautiful!!! He looks like he's calling your name too ;)

Girls are definately harder to bond than boys, Mavis & Millie hated each other to start with, now they are like a proper pair of wives together :lol:

Barney seems a little left out of our group, bless him so hopefully if all things go to plan, Toyah will his new wifey. Then I am definately stopping at 6 :shock::lol:

Awwww he's beautiful!!! He looks like he's calling your name too ;)

Girls are definately harder to bond than boys, Mavis & Millie hated each other to start with, now they are like a proper pair of wives together :lol:

Barney seems a little left out of our group, bless him so hopefully if all things go to plan, Toyah will his new wifey. Then I am definately stopping at 6 :shock::lol:

Yes I'm stopping at 6 aswell :lol:.. Toyah is stunning isn't she ?

She is beautiful, we're going to see her tomorrow hopefully. I feel awful tho as Hilda said you'd asked about her as well?!

And 6 - is that 3 more for you then? :lol:

Don't feel awful I think Toyah will really benefit from living as a housebun :D,she seems happy indoors from what Hilda has said..
I think a male would be better fitting into my trio, I can't see Furby coping with another female coming into her group..
I have 2 housebuns aswell as my 3 outdoors :D

Back