• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you take a giant rabbit to the vet?

toffee

Mama Doe
I'm taking Melanie and Prince to the vet tonight. Prince is a tiny (1.5kg) lionhead and Melanie is a 6 mth old giant (4kg+). Melanie is too big for a carrier.

How do you all take your giants to the vet?

I was considering a small dog crate that I have?

I'm taking Melanie and Prince to the vet tonight. Prince is a tiny (1.5kg) lionhead and Melanie is a 6 mth old giant (4kg+). Melanie is too big for a carrier.

How do you all take your giants to the vet?

I was considering a small dog crate that I have?

Probably a good option.

As far as carriers go you can get various size Atlas carriers. For a giant rabbit you'd be looking at an Atlas 40 or 50, but they don't come cheap! You can also get wheels for them lol

I'm sure someone else will come along with a god idea.

I brought my Carrier from Trust pets in Leamington Spa it is massive! The biggest you can get it.... It was 29.99. Atlas 50.
My two 8kg giants fit into it. xxx

I know pets at home do one but dont know how much it is sorry..... x

Last edited:
Just out of interest....

Do you remember how big your giants were when they were 6mths?

Well they were 7 months and 9 months when they came to me.... The rescues said .....
Amber at 6 months was about 4kg and Tim at 6 months was about 3kg
(He is smaller) There are pics on my thread of them in your stories and photos.
x x

I have rang four pets at home for you and no one is answering to ask prices? They must be closed
xxx

Ta!! :D

I think I'll use a dog crate for now and then get a carrier when I know how big she's going to be.

You are best to get an Atlas 50, Because there is so much room in them its great! I have to use the wheels lol :lol::lol:xx

Its annoying because I had two! I gave one away to my friend for her cat.....
She didnt need one that big! I could have given it to you sorry :oops: x x

My carrier is from Argos and its not meant for rabbits, I only have two medium bunnies but they both fit in it and can lay down together (see pic).

I'm trying to get onto their site to send you a link because all the dimensions are on there, it was only £14.99. I think they do a bigger one with wheels too.

SP_A0055.jpg

my Flemish Giant is 6 KG, and I just put her in the car. My last few Flemish giants bunny (bridge bunny) were all around 16 lb., and likewise I just put them in my car

Back