• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sorrel's great escape

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I brought sorrel to live indoors last night. She was loose in my room through the evening then I shut her in her crate while I went dowstairs to watch a bit of television with my housemates.

I cam back up in the ad break to check she was ok and she had escaped from a locked dog crate! Here are some pics so you can comprehend the full amazingness.

This is the gap she squeezed out of. If yo ulook at the ruler you can see it's a bit less than 3".
escape001.jpg

Here she is next to the gap:
escape002.jpg

And here she is next to the ruler for a size comparison:
escape003.jpg

I feel pretty guilty, Ihad no idea she could get through that or i would have blocked it off in case she hurt herself. :( needless to say i've tied mesh over it now!

Last edited:
i wouldn't put it past her. :shock: We have had 6 guests round since last night and all of them have been dragged straight upstairs so i can demonstrate her ridiculousness.

:shock::shock::shock: no way! i know bunnies can really flatten themselves but that's a tiny gap for a big bunnie!

wow thats a tiny gap n shes quite a big bunny.wat breed is she?x

Not sure - I have a poster of bunnies at home and she looks uncannily like soemthing callled a gris du bourbonnais...thoguh I guess she's more likely to be a cross breed like the rescue told me when i got her. :lol:

:shock:

My nethie would quite happily pop through that (and was always in and out of the baby gate until we wired it up) but not any of the other bunnys and she looks about their size...although maybe it is easier to squeeze "under" than "through"

pets at home. (don't scold....its the only place i could get to and the animals at my branch are well cared for)

I guess seeing as its meant for a golden retriever they didnt feel the need to rabbit proof it :lol:

Back