• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

waterbottles

sarattie

Alpha Buck
Has anyone actually ever bought one which doesnt leak or drip drip drip drip drip drip drip

I find it soooo annoying I have never manged to find one and I think ive tried most makes.....

Im sick of soggy vet bet and paper :(

i thought that most if not all bottles leaked.. if when mine has been refilled with fresh water, it does tend to drip so i sometimes put a dish underneath it.
i think it is also to do with the room temp or something -cant quite remeber what it was exactly.

you can get little dishes that clip to the side of cage which prevent it from being tipped but then your rabbits are able to get hay and fluff etc into the water.

hope this helps?

happy new year

Try filling your bottle right to the top making sure their are no air bubbles at the top as this can sometimes make them drip as the vacuum doesn't form properly.

Has anyone actually ever bought one which doesnt leak or drip drip drip drip drip drip drip

I find it soooo annoying I have never manged to find one and I think ive tried most makes.....

Im sick of soggy vet bet and paper :(

Put the water in the bottle it doesn't necessarily have to be full, shake it to guarentee the water in the spout, then you put the bottle in position within holder, get a piece of folded kitchen towel and tap the bearing a few times to create the vacuum. This works everytime for us! The bottles can drip due to temperture changes as the bottle expands and shrinks!

i cant help really my bun prefers a water bowl (its ceramic so she cant be bothered to move it. its too heavy) maybe an option for you although the other suggestions sound good x

thanks for the tips, I have been tempted to try one of those atachable corner dishes that fit ont wire cages... i have one for the ratties they now do big ones for buns adn ferrets...

ill give the shakign and paper towel a go forst!!

thanks
ss

thanks for the tips, I have been tempted to try one of those atachable corner dishes that fit ont wire cages... i have one for the ratties they now do big ones for buns adn ferrets...

ill give the shakign and paper towel a go forst!!

thanks
ss

The water bottle we use, u can buy it in Pampurred pets about £5 to £6, don't know what it's called but its a bigish one, rectangular with a whiteish non see though bottle with a black screw top with the spout, spout is quite decent size! the metal holder is a sturdy square metal bracket. This is what we use for our bunnydog, and along with the tapping with paper towel to create vacuum we have no problems!

The john hopewell ones are supposed to be non-drip.

http://www.johnhopewell.co.uk/

look under ezi-filla

I have those for my chichillas as the woman I got them from recommended them. No, they don't drip, but the idea is that they release water whenever the nib is touched.. which they do, but this also creates a load of excess water that just flows out whilst the animal is drinking. I don't like them at all.

I've never had a problem with dripping water bottles - I always use those Classic ones. Just fill them right to the top, get rid of the air bubbles, put the lid on and give it a tap to make sure the water can come out. Et voila.

Also avoid temperature changes, as heat obviously makes the water expand and it'll drip.

I have a glass super pet one with double ball bearings and that doesn't leak, they didn't like it at first but they use it fine now, I give them bowls of water as well though, they have a small/med but heavy dog bowl and *fingers crossed* it hasn't been tipped over yet. Its attached with a spring thing too so it can be placed higher up on the door than most bottles because it doesn't have to fit flush to the mesh.

I've quit using water bottles because I find them so hard to clean, don't you have to boil the "spout" to make sure it's free of bacteria? So I've started using water bowls instead. But while I used bottles I never found one that didn't drip.

Back