• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poppy not well- advice

poppy180

Warren Scout
hi

have just read Katy's story and i am so glad she sounds better but i seem to have the same with poppy today. Went to the hutch to feed them about 12.00 and shes lying on the bottom - normally shaking to open the door to get food.

she wont eat or drink, have tried syringe feeding with water and her complete mix - not going well and she hasnt taken any. I have been rubbing her tummy lots and have asked hubby to bring veg and p juice back from work when he comes back.

I havent got the car, am going out tonight with my parents and friends so i am going to take her with us in her carrier so i can keep rubbing tummy and trying foods.

Will try and get her to a vet tomorrow and keep doing what I'm doing in the meantime. Can I do anything else? After reading Katys thread i am going to look out for poos/wees (havent seen any yet) i have her in the kitchen with me at the moment so i can keep an eye.

Fluff, her hubby is in the run in the garden as i have also cleaned the hutch out today and its drying. I thought of putting them togtehr with food and her seeing fluff eat may motivate her??

She has done this before earlier in the year and started eating a day after normally

thanks for your help

23122006029.jpg
[/IMG]

Back