• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would really like some opinions please

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
As lots of you know, I took Jen on about a year ago. She was aggressive & had lived a really unhappy life, in a 2x2 metal box I think it was for the first half of her life :( Then in rescue around a year. I was looking at the first photo I ever took of her last night, and am shocked - and horrified at how much happier & healthier she looks there than she does now!! :shock: Her eyes are bright, her coat looks great (even though she was moulting like anything). The only thing thats been wrong with her this year is that shes had discharge from her nose, sneezing etc - which could be, but hasnt been diagnosed, as pastuerella. Heres the photo -

P1010471.jpg

And a recentish photo..

JenRhiVen050.jpg

She seems to have shrunk, and faded :? What've I done wrong?! I feel like a right witch :( X

Well apart from the fact she is moulting the only difference I can see is that she has matured featurewise. Thats nothing you have done though, its natural ageing.

She looks in great shape to me. :D

Last edited:
she just looks older. plus its where u took the picture, the p icture is lower ont he second one so ur looking up at her which i find makes my photos of my buns look really grumpy!

shes just getting older, and moulting, she looks fine hun :Dxxx

The first photo was taken outside & that will make her alot brighter in the photo. She looks very healthy in the second photo so you must have looking after her okay.
Best wishes,

Aww, Well am slightly more relieved now :D I wasnt really comparing the photos, but how she actually looks to the first photo...I guess it could be that shes just getting older. I know myself that she couldnt have a better life, Shes a spoilt little lady :roll:, but Im surprised how fast shes changed X

she certainly looks younger in the first photo ...
in the second one she just looks ...settled , healthy and slightly more reserved ;)

I read the thread and thought you'd got it the wrong way round with saying she looked better then than now :? in the first photo she looks alert and prob on guard wondering what else is going to happen to her :(
in the second photo she looks content and relaxed and far better than the first for definate! sure she looks older but there is no fear behind her eyes, just happy enough for you to be taking the photo and not be in a state of 'flight' ... :D

I agree with everyone else, she looks more relaxed now. When she first came to you her senses were probably in over drive, which might have made her seem more 'alert' to you. :) She looks beautiful.

Hi Becki :wave:

I think she definitely looks more calm and relaxed and at ease with you and your camera in the second photo. All the way through doing your card I thought she was beautiful and content looking :D

I think you just care so much you are looking too deeply into things :rolleyes:

Aw she is beautiful :) My two don't look as alert now as when I first had them. They know they are safe so they don't need to watch for danger all the time.

shes lovely, and certainly dont look unwell... i always think lops look a bit depressed but thats just cus thier ears are down... in her first photo her ears are pointing up in her second photo her ears are down so looks a bit sad... she looks lovely and healthy tho.... i prefer the grown look to babies myself anyhows.. shes beautiful :love:

She looks fine, Becki :) She just has moult lines which is nothing to worry about :) Typical agoutis, and their moult.

You are a good carer, Becki, stop worrying :)

I TOTALLY agree with what everyone else has said......she looks FANTASTIC! She is obviously VERY well, healthy, and loved and cared for. She certainly looks more content and chilled out now! I have found this too with a LOT of buns I have adopted. When they first come into rescue, they seem almost hyper-alert.....which I always take to actually be fear and a natural reaction to having had so many terrible things happen to them. Once they realise that they are loved and safe and have no reason to be afraid because no one is going to hurt them, they become MUCH more relaxed looking. I MUCH prefer the way she looks now to the way she looked before! :D :D :D

Back