• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!! I trod on Theo.... HES OK!!! PHEW

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe

I feel so awful.

Today I was cleaning them out and he must have hopped behind me. I heard him scrabble and i felt his little paw under my shoe.

He didnt squeal, and he hopped off. He was shaking it for about 2 or 3 minutes but is now hopping around like normal. He looks like he is lifting it a little to me but my mom said it looks fine.

He is chasing cleo as usual though and is eating his dinner so does not look bothered.

So hes 'walking normally' if there is a broken bone - vets cant fix that surely. He doesnt seem to be suffering or grinding his teeth.

Is there anything I should be looking out for. Will it hurt him more later???

help!

Last edited:
You have already answered your own question I think - you suspect there might be something wrong so take him to the vet. Rabbits are VERY good at hiding injuries as they are prey animals. The only way to make sure he is ok is to take him to the vet - which will also set your mind at rest. Otherwise I guarantee you will be worrying about it for weeks!:)

Flopsy does the same - always seems to get to where my feet are going to be before I actually put my feet down. I have caught him a couple of times but not heavily and he has always been ok.

As long as you have checked and keep observing him.

yeah, I think ill observe him for 2 days until the holidays are over. This is for 2 reasons.

1) Ill be able to assess it well. Keep an eye on him.

2) It wont be an emergency vet consultancy fee of £100 + (sounds Sh*tty I know but Id like to have a look myself before spending that) It shouldnt come down to cost but xmas has crippled me.

He doesnt like to be picked up but ill grab him in a bit and have a look and a feel. If he pulls away that means pain. Theres no blood and I cant see anything.

If it is broken, wont it heal on its own?? Like if we break a toe. Doctors cant fix it. The bones are too small

Alvin is forever getting under my feet/shut in the fridge (hes greedy) and always seems ok.... im sure youd know if he was wrong, was probably just a shock is all.... hope hes ok and dont need a vet xxx

Melanie gets trodden on, tripped over, trapped in fridge/cupboard doors, bonked on the head with a cupboard door, bashed with the kitchen door on a regular basis!! Not intentional, i might add, but she doesn't half get in the bloody way!!:rolleyes:

She's always fine. When I tread on her foot in my bare feet she doesn't even notice usually!

A tupperware fell on her head at the weekend and she just carried on eating!! Didn't even flinch!! i'm sure she's abnormal!:rolleyes:

Melanie gets trodden on, tripped over, trapped in fridge/cupboard doors, bonked on the head with a cupboard door, bashed with the kitchen door on a regular basis!! Not intentional, i might add, but she doesn't half get in the bloody way!!:rolleyes:

She's always fine. When I tread on her foot in my bare feet she doesn't even notice usually!

A tupperware fell on her head at the weekend and she just carried on eating!! Didn't even flinch!! i'm sure she's abnormal!:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: theres some on that list Alvin is yet to try

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: theres some on that list Alvin is yet to try

Mine are all daft!! Wallace got stuck in a pillow once and in a lampshade another time. Teddy regularly gets himself locked in the hay cupboard. Michelle gets stuck places because she's fat and can't wiggle out.

The problem is that when they get into a predicament I normally can't help because I'm laughing too much!! Wallace in the pillow was a gem!!

Re Theo - If you were barefoot I think both your foot and his would be flexible enough for no damage to be done. In shoes that must have hurt! I don't think the vet will be able to set his foot if it's broken but will probably be able to prescribe something for the pain.:D I'm sure he'll be fine.:D

Mine are all daft!! Wallace got stuck in a pillow once .:D

PMSL, they do the stupidist things dont they :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had to pull our kitten, Tiffin, out of the washing machine yesterday (before I turned it on may I add) :roll:

ste told me last night that as he walked into Alvins room and Alvin ran head first into the pen shocked himself and ran head first into the back of the crate and then glared at ste like it was his fault.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

after i stopped laffin i said "your supposed to speak as you enter his room or youll scare him" he wasnt impressed :lol:

i dunno how poor ste will cope if Alvin actually bonds and i get a 2nd bunny :shock:

foot in my bare feet she doesn't even notice usually!

You know it's funny you should say that I think Splodge is abnormal in that way. One day my friend's kid came and shoved her in the face with a toy. (don't worry she was alright and the child has not been round since) anyway she then followed the kid round for the whole time she was there as if to say go on shove me in the face again - I like it!!!

I trod on a customer's rabbit once :( i had no idea it was loose in the garden and it crept up behind me so when i turned round i put my foot right on it :( not hard though - i lurched sidways to avoid hurting it and i fell over, bunny was fine :roll:

hope theo is ok - rabbits are pesky!

I was in fits of laughter last night with Charlie... I have a box full of hay and three of the box lid flaps are folded in whilst the other is just open and lies horizontallytouching the wall. Well its quite tough cardboard and chralie decided to jump up and stand on it.. after about 5 secs it collapsed down and chralie just dissapeared behind teh box in a heap... but landed on the material tunnel behind it and then all we coudl hear was scrabbling until he reappeared moments later by from the side of the box... he just looked at us like 'what the hell hapened there???' I couldnt stop laughing - bad mummy!! :lol: but he carried on as normal, back in the box etc...

As for the toe stomping... I have done the same, shoes and no shoes... its not nice and not on purpose and the once it was Molly with shoes onand her paw is as small as one of my little toes, she shook it and ran off but I felt it and there was nothing I could feel... ad she continued to walk under my feet. Thin she was lucky btu its soo easy to do! Just keep a check... they tend to not like you grabbing their paws btu think you'll know the diff between pulling away in pain and just in protest. Try fiddling with two paws and watch the diff in reaction.

Thanks all for the support :D

Ill carry on keeping an eye but i think we were lucky this time.

Ive never done that before.

Afterwards though i did put my face up to the bars and he licked my nose - so i dont think theres any hard feelings lol

Back