• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something up with Prince?

toffee

Mama Doe
I'm a bit worried about Prince. He's a 1 yr old lionhead. Recently he seems to have droopy eyelids in the evening - he'll just sit still and his eyelids will droop like he's going to sleep. Normally when he sleeps he'll go under a chair but this is when he's sitting in the middle of the room. He's still really interested in food and running about like a mad thing. I've been monitoring him over the past couple of days and have not taken him to the vet because he seems happy enough in himself and it would have had to have been the emergency vet over the weekend which I wanted to avoid if at all possible - I think my vet is in a much better position to deal with him.

He weed on the sofa on Saturday which is something he never does - I was wondering if it's a urinary tract infection and if he's in pain which is why he's closing his eyes?

Is he just tired or is something wrong?

If he seems ok in himself hopefully it isn't anything but definately get him to the vets if you are worried. :D

Any change in 'normal' behaviour of a Bun can be an early sign of a problem

I would ask your Vet to check him over, particularly his neurological responses

Janex

I'll book him in for later in the week then. I think my vet will probably prescribe baytril as a cover-all solution to be honest and then say to see how he is after that.

Booked in for Wednesday at 1830. Hopefully I'm just fussing over nothing. Obviously if he shows signs of discomfort tonight or tomorrow it'll have to be emergency vets.:?

I will update on Thursday.

Back