• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone for a trio?

Isabel

Warren Veteran
after many a looooooong old bonding sessions I finally let them back in the front room last night...they kept me awake for a good few hours binkying around.

100_0922.jpg

100_0916.jpg

100_0915.jpg

They still aren't the best of friends but we are certainly getting there!

They said "thank you for looking after us aunty Faye, you can come again whenever you want :D"

oh I forgot to ask...what is the procedure with his eyelid? Will it be a little op?

dunno - when my dog had entropion, she needed a little op - the vet did a great job and you can't tell there was ever anything wrong...
Ravy out-grew his though - it got better after some drops...
if he has recently had conjunctivitis, the eyelid might just be swollen and so a bit distorted at the moment...
I guess you'll have to see what the vet thinks :)

dunno - when my dog had entropion, she needed a little op - the vet did a great job and you can't tell there was ever anything wrong...
Ravy out-grew his though - it got better after some drops...
if he has recently had conjunctivitis, the eyelid might just be swollen and so a bit distorted at the moment...
I guess you'll have to see what the vet thinks :)

Thanks dude, I'll check it out.

How fantastic that they are all getting along so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Many years ago I had a hound who had entropian, and when he was about 10 months old and it still hadn't corrected itself, my vet did a small op to turn the eyelid out slightly, which only required a couple little stitches.....and he recovered VERY quickly and well and had no problems at all afterwards!!!:D

Entropion correction is a minor operation but it makes the world of difference to the patient!

They look pretty settled to me :D

Thanks guys, I'll call the vets tomorrow. It definately bothers him as he keeps his eye shut a lot of the time but we thought it was due to his teeth.

Basically its where the eyelids turn inwards so the lashes rub constantly on the eye. Untreated entropion leads to ulceration of the lens and in severe cases blindness.

The vets simply removes a little of the affected eyelid and stitches it to pull the lashes up into the correct position away from the eye.

Ooo entropia. Both my daughters and my dog had it, which they all grew out of....and now my hamster also has it. My friends cat also has it. The smaller the patient, the more tricky the op, as in the case of my hammie, and there is a small risk of the vet taking too much away and making the eyelid turn ther other way, creating more problems (this shouldnt be the case with a rabbit). For a hamster the op would be too risky and its being managed by daily/ every other day drops.

It should always be checked by a vet (as already said) to see if the eyeball is being scratched in anyway, if it isnt damaged, it can be managed by drops or ointment, which helps with any infection from the rubbing and reducing stickiness making it feel more comfortable. I would have it checked and then keep an eye on it for a while, to see if it improves, the eye/eyelid can alter if its been scratched or had a mild infection. We've decided to manage my hammies problem with drops to keep her comfortable which are actually the same as human/dog/rabbit drops so it doesnt neccessarily mean an expensive lifelong vet bill if drops are needed.

Hope all will be fine.

Last edited:
Great to see pics of them together Isabel:D
well done for putting in all the time you have.

and let me know what the vet says re his eye..is he going to Annie as you can always book him in on us as i suggested with his teeth:D

Great to see pics of them together Isabel:D
well done for putting in all the time you have.

and let me know what the vet says re his eye..is he going to Annie as you can always book him in on us as i suggested with his teeth:D

Thats very kind of you Jill :D I'm not sure who he's going with but its nay bother, I have a flexible friend desperate for its last 07 outing, plus you have more than enough to cope with and I like mollycoddling him. Interestingly Roxy always licks him on that eye so she must know that its sore.

Aww, they're all gorgeous - first time I've seen Mo :D

I've just been having a quick catch up of old threads and wondered how your 3 were doing. Glad to hear they're becoming friends now :D Sounds like the bonding was a tad stressful though!

Hope Mo's eye will be OK, and I gather he had some teeth out?

Hi Helen, sorry I didn't realise you'd posted.

Yes its still a bit up and down and having moved them to the front room Roxy is being the madam that Jill and I expected. :rolleyes:

He is a delight though and a bit like having an old cat around. I feed them all together and then give Mo either porridge or soft pellets in a bowl on the sofa so that he gets enough food as Barney and Roxy can be a tad fiesty when food is concerned!

His eye is looking a lot better. He's had a course of anti-biotics as the vet thinks it was an infection where he'd had his teeth removed and he'd also lost weight, hence the spoilt bunny on the sofa routine. I think I will bring it up with the vets again when everything has calmed down but it looks like he may have had it all his life as I can't see any eye lashes on it, its almost like an extra bit of skin.

I need to take more pictures really as he's a lot more animated than he looks in these pics.
x

Back