• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bringing the rabbits in for New Year's Eve?

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I just wondered if anyone else is thinking of doing this.

Where I live, there are usually loads of fireworks going off on New Year's Eve at midnight, so I'm thinking about bringing the rabbits inside, just overnight.

The weather forecast is that it will be about 7 degrees outside, so not overly cold and I was thinking about putting the rabbits in the hall, so they won't get too warm (I would put them in our cold conservatory but then they'd be able to see the fireworks really well).

I just worry about them outside this year, Inky's got a sprained paw and Smokey had GI stasis on Boxing Day.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

how about putting them in the conservatory with a sheet over their cage....that way its not a massive temp change and would still be "dark" ?

Thankfully, my girls are fine with fireworks, even very loud ones only a few doors down, but if your rabbits are scared by fireworks, I'd bring them inside to the coldest part of the house.

I will be bringing mine in to play just until I hear the fireworks stop :D Im assuming they wont go on for long after midnight :shock:

Yes, the forecast I saw said it would be peeing down:thumb:

All mine live outside, and whenever there are fireworks going off I try and sit in their sheds with them until the worst is over, but tbh none of mine seem in the least bit bothered - it jangles my nerves more than theirs!
In fact I was beginning to think my frenchie was deaf as she takes no notice and just keeps on chomping!

If you are worried though I would bring them in if you can, even if it's just for your peace of mind:D

Yes, the forecast I saw said it would be peeing down:thumb:

All mine live outside, and whenever there are fireworks going off I try and sit in their sheds with them until the worst is over, but tbh none of mine seem in the least bit bothered - it jangles my nerves more than theirs!
In fact I was beginning to think my frenchie was deaf as she takes no notice and just keeps on chomping!

If you are worried though I would bring them in if you can, even if it's just for your peace of mind:D

Yes, I know it's more for me. I usually leave them out (I did on Bonfire Night, should that be month?:lol:) but we've had a few health scares this week and my vets isn't open on New Year's day if they're poorly.

Back