• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adding another bun to my 3

karen354

Warren Veteran
Myself and Andy have been having a chat about adding another bun to out outdoor three.. There's plenty of room outside for them they have a shed and large enclosure..

My only concern is Furby(the female of the group) when I added Thomas with Fudge and Furby she wasn't nice with him at all :( the bonding was quite hard work Thomas and Fudge loved each other from day one but Furby was fighting Thomas a lot..

Do you think it's a good idea to add another bun with Furby being such a madam ?
I would like to and I feel Thomas spends more time on his own than the other two.

:wave:

No advice really because I have only managed to bond one pair :oops: But good luck if you do decide to add another bun :D

You could always ask a rescue to try helping if your not confident to do it all by yourself? Or take them along to meet another rescue bunny to get an idea of how they will react? x

If you feel Thomas is a bit left out, why not just have 2 pairs of bunnies? If you introduce another female to the group it's likely going to upset Furby even more than introducing Thomas did, girls being girls :? Really there's no way to tell how it will go till it happens, which is why bonding's such a worry. A lot will depend on the newcomer's personality, and it would be so much easier to just find Thomas a partner (I'm all for he easy option :))

I suppose another thing to consider is if you do try and they dont like it, there is a chance your three may fall out and not rebond? Im not sure if that would happen but would have thought it is possible x

Thanks for the replies... I will try to bond the 4 altogether, only because they'll have more space if I can get the four together.
If it does fail I will bond Thomas up with the new bun and get them a large hutch/run ..

Back