• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need a bun collected

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be SOMEONE in the area who can help!:(

Anyone out there who can help a lonely girl get the husbun of her dreams?????:D:D

I wish I could figure out a way to get all of my buns in my siggie at once!!!:?

It's because Vicki rehomed her guinea pigs not long ago, I think

And her giant bun, and only the other day she was saying her budget is changing etc http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112074 I know I sound horrible, but I just think its so irresponsible...and like its one rule for so many members and another for the rest. I mean, I got 19 pages on hell for getting a bun from a pet shop, but anyone else does and its overlooked :?

I can't comment on that, as I don't know anything about it! I didn't know she ever even HAD a giant bun. Hadn't read the other thread either. I DO try very hard not to judge what other people do or comment on it.....unless it is something REALLY heinous....and I didn't comment on your buying from petshop, as I don't comment on where anyone gets their bunnies. I absolutely LOATHE conflict and confrontation.....life's too short!

Last edited:
vikki this isnt a jump on you because i think youre a decent person, but has hollie been spayed yet? as i dont think she would accept a husbun until she has been, and i think because you found it hard to cope with the piggies etc, do u think it may be best to wait until they can DEFINATLY be a pair, cus u dont want 3 single buns im sure! just a thought x

Have GOT to say I so agree with Becki on this one.

I got jumped on for daring to catch myxi back last December..... :roll:

If this was Beth, imagine the trouble she'd be having right now :rolleyes:

I've got nothing against Vikki, have spoken to her many times, she's a lovely girl

Last edited:
First off I'll admit I could not stand the pigs a second longer I find them to messy, I can cope with rabbit poops, yep that makes me extremly strange, but I like rabbit poops:lol: I hate guinea pig poops:evil: I found them a great home with someone who loves them far more than I ever would, can provide a better life for them and does not mind there poops.

second thing Theo my giant bun was being kept in hutch far to small after I rescued him off a breeder. If I hadn't of took him in he would be dead by now. But in the end I was being cruel keeping him in a hutch far to small with a run that was not even big enough to do a decent binky. He loves his new home, he belongs there. Thats why I rehomed him:?

thrid thing, I'm having minor budget problem. I'm finding the SS is not value for money so have ordered some allan and paige. I buy Kale because its cheap, the cabbage goes off quick and I have no idea what spring green is. they have a big supply of hay, I bulk buy that and it cost £30 but lasts me forever, yet they get a huge pile night and mornig and handfuls when needed. I also bulk buy my straw. they are about to be vacs, yes I'm a bit slow at getting this done and yes I did have to save, but I now have my budget under control (even if the worst happens, and I'm less money). I have two buns insured, to buns I put money in a pot for. My bonded pair are neutured/spayed. the money to get holly done is here, so is the money to hollys husbun neatured. There is also money to get Baby sorted out with everything she needs.

Yes my methods of getting buns are not to everyones liking, but thats the way I do things, my life and I'll do what I want to do, good or bad;)

So if anyone does no gornal wood and could collect a bun for me PM for more details:)

well said vikki

sorry i cant help with your bunny run if i was closer i would

hope someone can help little holly's husbun got to his son to be wifey :D

I would if i could and i think that rehoming the giant was resposible and you saved it from death ive not seen other threads but from what you said i think its for the best and you found them better homes,rick

Can I ask you Vikki, is your ME cured now??? If so can I ask what medication you are taking as I have a friend with ME who could really do with something to help her:cry: Looking through your previous topic's with the animals that you have rehomed over the past 2 months I have to say I agree with Becki, is this really the right thing to do under the circumstances? You may say that it has nothing to do with me which is fair enough but I do feel that it is only fair to other forum members to be aware of things before these new buns of yours end up in the RIN section due to your ME or monitory issues, perhaps if you had had the new buns from a rescue then it would be easier if your circumstances change as the rescue would have them back but;) 1 mistake you can understand but when it becomes more than 1 mistake, is it really fair on those rabbits in rescues advertised in the RIN to be overlooked for some-one elses to get a home quicker from forum members???

I am a member of the other forum so know that you only had Theodore 1 month before you couldn't cope

posted on 15-09-2007, 09:25 PM

hi everyone,

I'm sorry to say that I can know longer look after my continental giant, theordore. I have taken a set back with my health (I have ME) it was getting better, but sadly this week I have been more or less bed bound. I can just about cope with lily and chocolates' needs, but theodore needs better care than I can now give him.

I am totally deverstated, but I know that its best for both of us, I have him listed on free ads right now and I'll list him on a few other places. If any one wants him from here PM me.

A very upset vikki

a few weeks later you got 2 piggies, then a week later we saw this

posted on 23-11-2007, 01:38 PM

Posted on behalf of Vikki*and*the*buns

two male Abyssinian guinea pigs, they are approx 1 year old. I took them in last week from wiggle, who took them in from a breeder. They've benn through a lot of traveling lately and would now like to travel to there forever home. I was keeping them, but my health as taken a turn for the worse again

they will come with some food, beds, tunnel, shampoo, foot cream and mite treatment. I could if needs be let who ever want them, have my indoor cage as well. although they are used to being outdoors as are currently being kept in a well insulated and sheltered hutch.

they have an some minor health concerns, one of which is mites, but I have started treatment to get rid of them. Teddy did have a slight wound on his back from scratching but again I have treated this and its healing nicely. they both have dry feet, the cream should help this.

the cream, white and black one is clled Teddy and the ginger, white and black is called Albert.

We are only on the 29th of December and you have acquired 2 new buns and soon to be a third so you can see why members are concerned really, what will happen in a months time if your ME takes another turn for the worse???

At the end of the day, all members on this forum have the welfare of the animals first and foremost before any friendship so if members seem harsh, myself included, its because we dont want to see them up for rehome in a months time:( planning is a wonderful thing and a must when taking on any animal, it is sadly the impulse buys that ultimately end up in need of a new home:(

I've just explained why I got rid of the pigs, I hate them ok, I really hate them. I took them in, when no one else gave them a home. not petshop, I didn't buy them, I rehomed them off another forum member:?

Theo was a giant, not a small rabbit, a giant being kept in 6ft hutch with no room. So thats the real reason I rehomed him.

I cope very well with my ME, I look after my 4 rabbits ok and mum is here to help. She couldn't help with the pigs, shes allergic.

And there is no cure for ME, I will have it for the rest of my life.

One way or another I will have this bun, even if it means the train and 4 bus:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back