• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crates

~bailey~

Mama Doe
I need a second home for Luuna, as she and Bailey have had to be permanently separated :cry: I was wondering what the largest size of dog crate was? She is currently in a Nero 4, which I know is not large enough (4' by less than 2'), but she has to be kept quiet so she doesn't hurt her wound. The largest dog crate I can see on ebay is 48". Do people with dog crates keep bunnies shut in them, or are they purely a base for free range bunnies? And do you add more floors? Trying to work out my options for her new home! Thanks :)

I shut my bunnies in their 42" dog crate while I'm at work & when I go to bed; the rest of the time they have free-run unless there's some sort of delivery or DIY activity going on which means they can't without fear of injury (or being pesty:lol:)

At present half of my dog crate has a second level (NOT like the FAQ on here) but I do plan on doing it properly (like the FAQ) when I can afford a) the wood from B&Q or b) for my local timber yard to make it:lol:

I shut my bunnies in their 42" dog crate while I'm at work & when I go to bed; the rest of the time they have free-run unless there's some sort of delivery or DIY activity going on which means they can't without fear of injury (or being pesty:lol:)

At present half of my dog crate has a second level (NOT like the FAQ on here) but I do plan on doing it properly (like the FAQ) when I can afford a) the wood from B&Q or b) for my local timber yard to make it:lol:

:lol: :lol: Bailey is being pesty right now :lol: I hadn't seen the FAQ thing, such a great idea to have that, I would have had no idea where to start if I had to do it!

Hello :wave:

I'm in the process of setting up a crate for my Sorrel to live indoors. She's going to be shut in at night, confined to an indoor pen while i'm at work, and loose in my room while I'm there to supervise.

The pen is so she doesnt destroy my landlord's carpet while I'm at work and the reason she can't go out of my room is because there are stairs which she can't get down...but I sometimes take her down to the kitchen if I'm going to be there for a long time.

when theyre confined depends on your hosuing situation. if mine wasnt rented she would be loose all the time! *longs for that to happen*

:wave: im sorry to hear the buns have to live seperate but it cant be helped.

I have used crates as an overnight and whilst im out base for free ranging buns...but also with a playpen attatched for buns who i couldnt let run loose after our house flooded oct 2006.

Like gem said..just pm me..im in hampshire too:wave:

i have two crates going free to good homes..i cant get any rescues to take them..sadly but if theyll help anyone here its good.

this is my smaler crate...my mini lop used to have this before he was bonded to his bunwife Bif..then i had to get a biger crate!

the only prob is the mattress..it has a few chew holes courtesy of our frenchie doe willow who discovered it made a nice bed when mummy had tried to put it all out of the way..:lol:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8705455/Trail/searchtext>PETS.htm

our other one is the 48 inch one with a metal base....which can be removed and replaced with a padded waterproof dog mares like we did for willow when it was her base/bedroom etc

Both are no longer needed as i have got them all togehter in a playpen with 7sections for overnight and until soft poo eating time is over and then in the evening theyre free for hours but still bonding!
Bertie does miss it when him n bif were the only buns and they used the crate as a bedroom with a run attached..he enjoyed having so many walls to lean up against:lol::lol:

these are too heavy for one person to carry..luckily theres a layby a few yards from my door...
i do not drive folks but i can help carry the crate to your car..if you help me lol

pm me if youre interested.

:wave: im sorry to hear the buns have to live seperate but it cant be helped.

I have used crates as an overnight and whilst im out base for free ranging buns...but also with a playpen attatched for buns who i couldnt let run loose after our house flooded oct 2006.

Like gem said..just pm me..im in hampshire too:wave:

i have two crates going free to good homes..i cant get any rescues to take them..sadly but if theyll help anyone here its good.

this is my smaler crate...my mini lop used to have this before he was bonded to his bunwife Bif..then i had to get a biger crate!

the only prob is the mattress..it has a few chew holes courtesy of our frenchie doe willow who discovered it made a nice bed when mummy had tried to put it all out of the way..:lol:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8705455/Trail/searchtext>PETS.htm

our other one is the 48 inch one with a metal base....which can be removed and replaced with a padded waterproof dog mares like we did for willow when it was her base/bedroom etc

Both are no longer needed as i have got them all togehter in a playpen with 7sections for overnight and until soft poo eating time is over and then in the evening theyre free for hours but still bonding!
Bertie does miss it when him n bif were the only buns and they used the crate as a bedroom with a run attached..he enjoyed having so many walls to lean up against:lol::lol:

these are too heavy for one person to carry..luckily theres a layby a few yards from my door...
i do not drive folks but i can help carry the crate to your car..if you help me lol

pm me if youre interested.

Hi, that would be fantastic! Going to PM you now :)

Wispa has two living situations.

At our house she is free run all over the downstairs and gets shut away in a 48" crate at night and when we are out - this is going to change when we pick up Zola next week and once bonded will have free run of the dining room all day.

At my parents house she has free run of half my bedroom (about 4 metres by 2 metres) and is shut in a 36" crate overnight.

Back