• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hmmm which hutch, which hutch?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I need a minimum 5'x2'x2' hutch for poppy and her new man-friend....I could plead with my mother for a lift to P@H an get their lavender lodge one which is about those measurements...or I could conquer my life long fear of internet shopping and get a Happy Hutch? does anyone have any opinions on the relative quality and ease of assembly? and how long does delivery take from happy hutch?

am leaning towards the happy hutch one i suppose but have to conquer aforementioned internet shopping phobia and also I heard they are a nightmare to assemble?

I need a minimum 5'x2'x2' hutch for poppy and her new man-friend....I could plead with my mother for a lift to P@H an get their lavender lodge one which is about those measurements...or I could conquer my life long fear of internet shopping and get a Happy Hutch? does anyone have any opinions on the relative quality and ease of assembly? and how long does delivery take from happy hutch?

am leaning towards the happy hutch one i suppose but have to conquer aforementioned internet shopping phobia and also I heard they are a nightmare to assemble?

They are easy to assemble, as long as you use your brain and ignore their instructions. :lol: The quality is good, but make sure it has shiplap sides, not plywood. I'd get the 6ft hutch, if you have the space.

am considering the 6' but i'm so poor atm. and depending on where I move to next year I might have to replace it if it isn't the right size for my new house :? I don't know, decisions decisions! i guess whatever I decide I'll find something to moan about :roll:

I have 2 of the 6'x2'x2' with the run underneath, they are good quality and I found very easy to assemble. Had no problem with delivery.
Good Luck

hya where abouts are you?i know someone thats very good at building hutchs using thick tongue n groove.a 6ft wud only be 60pounds n he delivers.knowing me your prob a million miles away!!!!:lol::lol:

Happyhutch delivered in a couple of days for me (and of course their prices include delivery!) however it's advisable to check over all the components straight away and keep the packaging as it has a serial number on should you wish to get a replacement part - their quality control is not the best! Building them is easy enough if you are strong or have a drill with a screwdriver bit - I had neither so got thoroughly blistered hands. The best thing with the happyhutch is the opening roof (check which models have them though - not all do) - it's so handy for seeing to the bunnies and means you can keep the mesh permanently covered with pvc against the weather :)
I got the 5x2 version of this http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=44&categoryID=6 but it's only 18" high per floor, which is no problem for my bunnies as they're not huge and Maa's a lop. It's a great design as the doors to the run open so they can let themselves out and put themselves back (with the help of a bit of veg tossed in) - and sited on concrete means the run stays nice and cool in a hot summer, and is sheltered by the hutch in winter :)

I have the 6' happyhutch. It is very good, very strong and good quality. I preferred to paint the wood with a weather-resistant paint so it doesn't rot. I got one with legs which helps with cleaning them out.

i love my happy hutch! arrived in a couple of days and hubby and i put it together in the dark with a torch :roll::shock:. if you get the one with run under you may want too swap the hinges on the lid round so you can get in the run to clean out hutch. Only other thing we have done is put a new bedroom partition in which only has a small hole as the one supplied left the bedroom a bit exposed. :D

should i check all the components are there before signing for it then? if i dont, will my signature be taken as proof that everything was there when it arrived?

do they come already sealed or am i going to have to paint it all over? dont think i can be faffed with that :?

I've never painted mine and they're still fine after 2yrs use - although I do cover them at night so they're protected from the worst. One of my hutches had a damaged panel, which I didn't unpack till about a month after delivery - they said they'd replace it if I had the packaging number, but I'd chucked the main packaging by then, and I couldn't be bothered messing about - I just mended it myself as it was a minor fault.

should i check all the components are there before signing for it then? if i dont, will my signature be taken as proof that everything was there when it arrived?

do they come already sealed or am i going to have to paint it all over? dont think i can be faffed with that :?

Yeah check everything cos that is proof of that it was not damaged in transit,it should not need painting,rick

Back