• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excessive drinking since stopping antibiotics?!

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
For the last week Lionel has been drinking loads i am filling up the water 4/5 times a day when i never use to refill it even once, one bowl was enough for both of them all day and it was never empty. Its definately Lionel as I have never seen Lolly drink but hes always at the bowl.

His urine also stinks now, its disgusting I am actaully heaving when cleaning the trays out which i now have to do every day and there are pools of urine in it as the paper and hay/straw are not soaking it up.

The wierd thing is we stopped his antibiotics just over a week ago and just under a week ago this started, any ideas anyone? Shall I go to the vets again?!

For the last week Lionel has been drinking loads i am filling up the water 4/5 times a day when i never use to refill it even once, one bowl was enough for both of them all day and it was never empty. Its definately Lionel as I have never seen Lolly drink but hes always at the bowl.

His urine also stinks now, its disgusting I am actaully heaving when cleaning the trays out which i now have to do every day and there are pools of urine in it as the paper and hay/straw are not soaking it up.

The wierd thing is we stopped his antibiotics just over a week ago and just under a week ago this started, any ideas anyone? Shall I go to the vets again?!

What antibiotic was he on ?
Was he on any Metacam ?
Is he weeing a lot more than normal ?

Janex

What antibiotic was he on ?
Was he on any Metacam ?
Is he weeing a lot more than normal ?

Janex

I don't know what anibiotic it was as i never saw it Christobel was injecting it twice a week and thats all he was having.
And yes loads more wee than normal :(

I don't know what anibiotic it was as i never saw it Christobel was injecting it twice a week and thats all he was having.
And yes loads more wee than normal :(

Hmmmm, well I would take him back to see Christobel on Monday. Have you noticed if he has lost any weight?
Has he ever been treated with Panacur as a preventative of EC?

Was the antibiotic for his abscess?

If you have any Panacur I would start both him and his friend on it.
Also, if you can catch a sample of his wee on Monday take it with you for Christobel to dip-test it.

Janex

Back