• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girls are starting to get sore hocks!!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I have realised that Molly has got a bit of skin exposed on her hock. Here's a piccie:

6ui0dwz.jpg

I still haven't been able to get some rubber mats, but I've found some cheap ones on the Wilkinson site so will be buying some tonight. They have concrete and carpet in their run so I guess this is the problem? In their hutch, they have straw and hay in their bedroom and megazorb over the floor in the living area. Can anyone please advise me what to do. I don't know if Milly has some skin exposed but I'll check in the next hour or so.

JUST REALISED THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION. COULD A MOD PLEASE MOVE IT. THANKS.

Last edited:
Milly doesn't have any exposed skin, thank goodness, and I have just ordered the rubber mats. Will this help with Molly's sore hocks?

I'd say its the carpet that is adding to the problem as carpet is abrassive
Can you cover all areas with lots of deep hay/straw

Keeping them confined wont help as they will still weight-bare on the plantar region of they back feet

Janex

I just bought a huge bag of straw, so I'll try spreading that over the run floor. One small problem, is that they think that straw is their toilet. Should I clean it out every day or leave it? It usually sinks to the bottom of the straw anyway.

I just bought a huge bag of straw, so I'll try spreading that over the run floor. One small problem, is that they think that straw is their toilet. Should I clean it out every day or leave it? It usually sinks to the bottom of the straw anyway.

OInly you can know the answer to that, it depends how soiled it is x

Back