• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

building a run

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi there when my now built hutch (6x2x3ft) arrives (that i got for xmas built by dad....) i hope to be fostering...however i need to get a run sorted. now the rabbits can have free range of garden while im in as its rabbit proofed from when chelsea stays and all plants are bunny edible... but as we have cats that live next door if im at work then i would feel happier putting them in a run (also think rescue wud prefer that). Now i would like some suggestions please.... the run will be for on grass and will not be 24 hours (i dont think tho may change.) what sort of size? what height? and should i use the metal style ones which can be moved or make a solid wooden framed one? hmm decisions decisions.....

I have a large metal one from Zooplus which is really heavy and takes two people to lift properly and move and it is staked into the ground but it has three openings around it so you can move it around when necessary. I think I paid £48.00 for it. I just padlocked doors I don't use.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/35638

I bought the largest one but with an online discount was £48 instead of £59 and with no p&p.

I have it attached to the hutch via a large enclosed ramp which they access via a catflap but i can take the tunnel away to lock them in at night.

Hope this helps.

Back