• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about my first bunny

Riley1186

New Kit
Our first rabbit Riley has been acting weird today, as some of you may know we just got a new baby bun the other day, her name is Jester. Today Riley has started following me and my gf around and not leaving our side, everywhere we go she's there.

Her and the baby are getting along wonderfully and cuddle and clean eachother all the time. I'm just concerned that maybe Riley is feeling a little neglected and is going to constantly follow us. I dont get how she could feel this way though because we still give her tons of attention.

Will this change and is there a way to get it to stop? thank you

Why do you want it to stop? Is she a house rabbit? Some rabbits really enjoy human company and attention. We have a rabbit that follows us round all the time and sits at our feet so we can trip over her.

I agree, I adore that Lexie folows me around the hosue and sits by my feet.

She even jumps on the sofa, cuddles into my arm and sleeps :love::love:

I think it's good you're observant about changes in behaviour as they can be the first, and sometimes only, sign that there is something wrong. However in this case it's probably just part of the shuffle in group dynamics. To your rabbits you're part of the warren - it sounds like your bunny likes you and is making it clear that the baby isn't taking your place :)

It was just scaring us, cuz i know how they get depressed and I didnt want her to get super sad if i'm playing with Jester. I do love that she loves me and she does all the cute bunny things like jumping up on the couch. I was just worried that she was feeling left out.

I also want to be able to play with the baby too, seems like whenever I get down on the ground to play with her Riley comes over to take all the attention.

Rabbits are very nosey and dont like to miss out on things :) You'll need to practice stoking and playing with two at once, don't worry you'll get the hang of it ;)

Try it with a rabbit, three cats and a dog all tryin to sit on your lap at the same time :lol::lol:

On a serious note do watch for any jealousy between them, Lexie had been known to nip my dog to get her away from me before :?

Back