• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets 4 pets

I have just found out that a new vets if opening near to me - has anyone ever used this practise before?

Am I ok to ask?

Don't want any bad reports from people just if anyone has any good experiences.

Why don't you want any bad reports?
Surely if you are considering using them, you would want any experience in general?

I know i would want to hear the good and bad before maikng an informed decision.....

Yes they are very good near me in price and rabbit knowledge, but I wouldn't necessarily assume other branches would be as they will have different vets. so it would be the same as going to any random surgery.

I have mixed views about them and have heard both good and bad. There has been a thread on another forum about difficulties with fees for out of hours calls and them refusing to treat an animal in need unless you pay up front for the full likely course of treatment.

I have also personally heard a vet nurse advise a client to pick her rabbit up by the ears:evil: if she cant pick it up any other way:evil:

On the other hand I have also heard very positive things from rabbit owners who board with us who use them and I guess it may come down to individual practices and the knowledge of the individual staff and their knowledge and experience at each one.

Personally I dont use them, found them way too restrictive on opening times etc and willingness to help in an emergency, also the pcik up by ears put me off in feeling I could trust them with ANY pet I might need to leave in their care.

I have mixed views about them and have heard both good and bad. There has been a thread on another forum about difficulties with fees for out of hours calls and them refusing to treat an animal in need unless you pay up front for the full likely course of treatment.

I have also personally heard a vet nurse advise a client to pick her rabbit up by the ears:evil: if she cant pick it up any other way:evil:

On the other hand I have also heard very positive things from rabbit owners who board with us who use them and I guess it may come down to individual practices and the knowledge of the individual staff and their knowledge and experience at each one.

Personally I dont use them, found them way too restrictive on opening times etc and willingness to help in an emergency, also the pcik up by ears put me off in feeling I could trust them with ANY pet I might need to leave in their care.

VetsNow is not the same as Vets4Pets Lynne ;) It was VetsNow discussed on the other forum.

Aha thanks Sooz - yet another one of my senior moments creeping up on me:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I nearly had to double check it too but remembered I have a friend who uses vets4pets. They may use VetsNow for out of hours emergencies though.

Back