• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel supa forage

Can anyone tell me if excel supa forage is ok for buns everyday? My two seem to like it loads but wondered if it is ok to give them everyday - I tend to give hay in one litter tray and forage in the other.

Just wondered what the difference was between that and hay?

My two seem to devour the supa forage before the hay and I wondered and hoped it was ok to give them everyday:oops:

i am sure it is fine there are soo many different hays but the supa forage is high in fibre so im sure its ay ok!:D

Yeah it's fine.. it's just dried grass - Pure Dried Grass or Readigrass is better quality and cheaper though :)

I feed it pretty often but try and mix it with some medow hay too for the bank balance and to increase the fibre a bit.

I also tried some simply grass but found that although it was much cheaper it was really short (about 1 inch) so not great for keeping teeth down.......is readygrass longer strands because I can get that from the local horse supplier too?

I feed it pretty often but try and mix it with some medow hay too for the bank balance and to increase the fibre a bit.

I also tried some simply grass but found that although it was much cheaper it was really short (about 1 inch) so not great for keeping teeth down.......is readygrass longer strands because I can get that from the local horse supplier too?

Not had simply grass but Ive had Just Grass and Readigrass from HH. The Readigrass is slightly longer than just grass. I mix it within the meagre daily pellet ration :lol:

Back