• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying papaya tablets without internet

~bailey~

Mama Doe
Does anyone know anywhere in the hampshire area that i could get oxbow papaya tablets? theyre the only thing i need from hay experts and i dont want to pay £4 postage just for that! Alternatively, another website i could get them from which has cheaper postage? Thanks :)

Does anyone know anywhere in the hampshire area that i could get oxbow papaya tablets? theyre the only thing i need from hay experts and i dont want to pay £4 postage just for that! Alternatively, another website i could get them from which has cheaper postage? Thanks :)

I think they're just dried papaya, I got mine from a health food shop, and in the past from a fruit and nut shop.

Tescos sell dried papaya too. a fair sized pack for a few quid, its in the special foods section (with the kosha, halal stuff) well it is in the culver house extra anyway

Just get the dried papaya from a health shop until you need to order something else :D My vet sells the papaya tablets, have you tried your vet? :D x

dried papaya is just a sugary treat isn't it? holland and barrett do bromelain tablets, 40mg chewable, which my bunnies love :)

Erm...can someone explain to me how these tablets work as enzymes are very delicate and won't survive being processed and dried as they are heat sensitive and so will be 'denatured'....Surely fresh pineapple or papaya is better?

I've not found anything that works as well as the Oxbow tablets on my bunnies for stringy poos - I don't know how they work, but they definitely do. I've tried the Bromelain tablets and also dried papaya.

I'm not sure how they work either, but they do seem to. They love them anyway and they don't get any other kind of naughty treat or fruit, so even if they're not doing anything I would still give them to them :D I have tried the bromelain from H&B, but the oxbow seem to have more of an effect :? Plus its hard to translate human dosage on H&B containers to a teeny bunny :lol: My vets is the one in PAH, so I doubt they will sell them, but I can always try :D Thanks for the replies all :wave:

Back