• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny bunny!

foxyfaerie

Mama Doe
When I've let Lucifer & Nyx out tonight Lucifer has done some REALLY smelly droppings out & around; this does worry me a little as she is fully litter trained; but I'm wondering if the reason is my new 3rd bunny (a lionhead, yay!).

I brought her home this afternoon and she sat out of the carry cage for 5 minutes or so while the spare cage was brought out of the loft; then I took her upstairs and settled her in.

Lucifer is spayed; and has been for a few months, surely she wouldn't "want" to mark her territory like that any more?

Last edited:
Poor you:( I hope it gets better soon cos it's amazing how smelly a small bun can be!

She wasn't doing it too often last night; and even less so today, although I have 3 months until I can spay Azrael so I hope Lucifer calms down at least a little bit! :lol:

They're normal; but much more like the "marking" droppings she treated us to when we got Nyx.

Oh in that case I don't know, I have not come across that type before :? Presumably they are no different to normal poos right, she just does it when she's excited?

It does sound like a territory thing to me but I actually don't know, gosh I'm not much help! :lol:

You'll prob find that whilst Lucifer can smell another bun that the territory markings will continue and you may continue to get the brunt of her referred aggression..... My two were like that when we had other buns in the house and also I get charged at when one of my friends comes over cos they can smell other buns...

It will help if you wash your hands and prob best to change clothes too between handling buns etc...

Are you going to bond in the future?

You'll prob find that whilst Lucifer can smell another bun that the territory markings will continue and you may continue to get the brunt of her referred aggression..... My two were like that when we had other buns in the house and also I get charged at when one of my friends comes over cos they can smell other buns...

It will help if you wash your hands and prob best to change clothes too between handling buns etc...

Are you going to bond in the future?

Great :rolleyes: lol

Yes; once Azreal has been spayed & has healed I'm going to bond them.

Back