PDA

View Full Version : more indoor housing questions!

clutterydrawer
28-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Specifically:

- I'm setting up sorrel's new dog crate and I've just noticed that there is a 4-5" ledge below the door that sorrel will have to jump to get out. she has been doing so apparently with ease but Iwas wondering if it'd be kinder to make a small ramp or step so it's easier for her? and if so how?

- I also need some kind of wire mesh pen for her to exercise in while I'm at work. I want it to attach to her dog crate and then fold away so she can have run of my room while im there to supervise - she's never chewed anyhting she shouldn't but if she did, she could do a lot of damage while I'm on a ten hour shift! could anyone recommend a site where i could get such a thing?

CottonMather
28-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I've bought 3 sets of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-GUINEA-PIG-RUN-RUNS-PEN-CAGE-CRATE-DOG-PUPPY_W0QQitemZ330200007042QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6351 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Great seller, good price for the height (any lower and the rabbit will jump out) and I've used it attached to a 48" dog crate in the way that you described - it fitted really well and was the same height, so looked neat too...

donnamt
29-12-2007, 02:28 PM
we have the pen from pets@home, its 24" high so i cover it with a net when i put Alvin in, so far hes not figured out thats the way out he usually tries to brute force his way out...lol

its attached to the 42" crate and makes a lovely big cage, ive even removed the door from the dog crate so that doesnt get in the way..

the 36" crate had quite a high door so i put the vetbed over it to stop him from getting hurt and he used it as a tunnel, i dont think hes very keen on the different crate because hes lost his little tunnel :oops::oops:

clutterydrawer
29-12-2007, 02:57 PM
cool, thankyou. looks like i shall have to beg my mum for *another* lift to the pet shop then! :oops::lol: