• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more indoor housing questions!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Specifically:

- I'm setting up sorrel's new dog crate and I've just noticed that there is a 4-5" ledge below the door that sorrel will have to jump to get out. she has been doing so apparently with ease but Iwas wondering if it'd be kinder to make a small ramp or step so it's easier for her? and if so how?

- I also need some kind of wire mesh pen for her to exercise in while I'm at work. I want it to attach to her dog crate and then fold away so she can have run of my room while im there to supervise - she's never chewed anyhting she shouldn't but if she did, she could do a lot of damage while I'm on a ten hour shift! could anyone recommend a site where i could get such a thing?

we have the pen from pets@home, its 24" high so i cover it with a net when i put Alvin in, so far hes not figured out thats the way out he usually tries to brute force his way out...lol

its attached to the 42" crate and makes a lovely big cage, ive even removed the door from the dog crate so that doesnt get in the way..

the 36" crate had quite a high door so i put the vetbed over it to stop him from getting hurt and he used it as a tunnel, i dont think hes very keen on the different crate because hes lost his little tunnel :oops::oops:

Back