• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping different groups?

Julia123

Warren Veteran
I've not given up bonding yet....BUT i was wondering how many of you keep different groups of rabbits separately...

In a way I am doing it already as I have fosters, but is it realistic long term? The fosters are in my conservatory, but if they are still here in the summer (hope not they need forever homes) then I will need to find somewhere cooler for them..... so guess the same applies with different groups

Am confused...why do bunnies scrap!! :cry::cry:

I have 3 bonded pairs that live in seperate dog crates in my spare bedroom and have to share the run. I don't have any problems with this set up all the pairs seem to accept the presence of the other pairs

I don't like having seperate groups of rabbits in the house myself. Max and Mopsey are a nightmare! The minute they smell the other rabbit they poo and pee everywhere :roll: I know their feeling towards each other are extreme but I can only live with it as I know it's a short term thing.

I don't like having seperate groups of rabbits in the house myself. Max and Mopsey are a nightmare! The minute they smell the other rabbit they poo and pee everywhere :roll: I know their feeling towards each other are extreme but I can only live with it as I know it's a short term thing.

My 2 singles and the group of 4 have to share run of a patio several times a day - and they literally LIVE to scent-mark each others offerings :rolleyes: Still, it keeps them occupied and happy - there's never any bored bunnies here, just a woman with a dustpan eternally shovelling up poopies :lol: However when Tia had her hutch on the patio I had problems as the singles would try to bite her through the wire, and the group of 4 would try to kill each other AND her - in fact I dread the day the group of 4 notice next door's rabbit free ranging their garden as it will WWIII :roll: I could NOT manage to keep them seperate indoors unless the floor was washable vinyl - Tia completely trashed the living room carpet scent-marking next to all the guinea pigs cages.

I wanted to have one group with 4 bunnies, but the 4th one didn't get accepted, so now I have a trio and a pair in two separate hutches, plus one hutch with one or more foster bunnies. I don't mind the work, the only problem is when we go on holiday, we have to book two "rooms" at the bunny boarding, and often enough it is hard to enough to get one room. If you have a reliable petsitter, then several groups are not a problem.

I have an indoor trio living together. As well as 1 pair plus 1 single foster in the garage; and 2 pairs plus 2 single fosters living outside.

I sometimes have a few minor problems if I put the rabbits in runs on the lawn, and don't leave enough space between each run. If any of the pairs or trio start to squabble, I just increase the space between the runs until they settle.

Amy

I have an indoor trio living together. As well as 1 pair plus 1 single foster in the garage; and 2 pairs plus 2 single fosters living outside.

I sometimes have a few minor problems if I put the rabbits in runs on the lawn, and don't leave enough space between each run. If any of the pairs or trio start to squabble, I just increase the space between the runs until they settle.

Amy

I buy those long sheets of corrugated plastic (only about £5 a sheet from B&Q) to put between my buns runs.....though they can still see each other, for some reason it stops any squabbling and they don't get wound up!:D

I have three rabbits living separate.... 2 live outdoors in hutches and one inside.
Thinking of putting two of them together at least next year once I get them both neutered (the doe is, the buck isn't) since now a days Sasuke will just try and mate both girls to death if he gets to meet them.:roll:

Thanks for all the feedback guys :D really interesting to see how you keep your buns. I'm trying a new very slow bonding strategy for add in Speedy to my trio, I'm hopefull but if it doesn't work i think i may be able to sort out a friend for Speedy and keep 2 groups - not my preference but could keep them in conservatory in winter and outside in summer :D

Back