• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding-I'm losing my nerve!!! U/D added some pics

Julia123

Warren Veteran
I've got my bonded trio and Speedy new boy in my study and its going from them sitting in separate corners to all chasing Speedy then each other and fur pulling :shock:

This is horrible....:cry: But I'm guessing 'normal' ?

Last edited:
They've got to sort out their hierarchy somehow!! Stick with it hun ... you need it to work if Speedy's to stay! On MSN if you want to chat and distract yourself! xx

Aww, I hate it too :( Dreading bonding 4 of mine next year. Hopefully you'll have a happy group soon though :D xx

Thanks ! Daisy is currently chasing Speedy who is now living up to his name and legging it round the study and jumping over both Gabe & Nush on the way round :shock::shock:

I've given up for the day... Gabriel now has a pierced ear ..... it was horrible they all started a massive scuffle, Daisy was hanging onto Gabes chest ( I can't find an injury) and Nushka and Speedy were terrified.....

Any advice anyone?????

Edit, Gabe & Nush have gone downstairs, Daisy has flopped in litter tray breathing heavily.... :cry: Speedy is back in his crate.

Last edited:
I've given up for the day... Gabriel now has a pierced ear ..... it was horrible they all started a massive scuffle, Daisy was hanging onto Gabes chest ( I can't find an injury) and Nushka and Speedy were terrified.....

Any advice anyone?????

I have no advice I am affraid. The more I read about bonding the more I realise that I *only* bond Buns who get on reasonably from the outset.
I do hope it works out for the Buns. I would not be brave enough to even try.
Bonding 2 is hard enough!!

Janex

I have no advice I am affraid. The more I read about bonding the more I realise that I *only* bond Buns who get on reasonably from the outset.
I do hope it works out for the Buns. I would not be brave enough to even try.
Bonding 2 is hard enough!!

Janex

Its just so hard..... I hate seeing them stressed, I'm now covered in fur and scratches and worried sick about all the buns :cry::cry: But i want to give Speedy a forever home....:cry::cry:

Its just so hard..... I hate seeing them stressed, I'm now covered in fur and scratches and worried sick about all the buns :cry::cry: But i want to give Speedy a forever home....:cry::cry:

Is bonding *one* of your trio with Speedy an option ?
Is any one of the trio more accepting of Speedy?

Janex

Is bonding *one* of your trio with Speedy an option ?
Is any one of the trio more accepting of Speedy?

Janex

I'm not sure, none of them seem to like him :cry: Nushka would be the best option but if i was going to keep two separate groups then i may as well leave my trio and let Speedy have one of the babies......:?:? but i did say 4 was my limit.... and where would i keep them????

If they have had a bad fight I'd leave it for a couple of days then start again..
if it's really bad then reconsider the bonding altogether:?

Try them in a small space..lots of food and keep a large book or oven gloves handy to split if necessary..but if a bit of chasing starts try a loud noise like clapping your hands..banging a tin..or make a loud shhhhiiiistttt noise! this should make then stop and rethink.......

if you've lost your confidence....have a baby bun to go with Speedy!:D

If they have had a bad fight I'd leave it for a couple of days then start again..
if it's really bad then reconsider the bonding altogether:?

Try them in a small space..lots of food and keep a large book or oven gloves handy to split if necessary..but if a bit of chasing starts try a loud noise like clapping your hands..banging a tin..or make a loud shhhhiiiistttt noise! this should make then stop and rethink.......

if you've lost your confidence....have a baby bun to go with Speedy!:D

Thanks Jill, I'll leave it a day and then give them an hour at a time together, maybe i left it too long today... will try and 'put them away' while all is calm next time so no bad memories....

I was shouting 'NO' and it seemed to help. But the injuries were with my bonded 3, they all got confused and started fighting - Speedy didn't fight back at all.

Another day another date i guess....:?

Thanks Jill, I'll leave it a day and then give them an hour at a time together, maybe i left it too long today... will try and 'put them away' while all is calm next time so no bad memories....

I was shouting 'NO' and it seemed to help. But the injuries were with my bonded 3, they all got confused and started fighting - Speedy didn't fight back at all.

Another day another date i guess....:?

I'd keep a close eye on your Trio for a while as some refered aggression may kick off if they get a whiff of Speedy again.

Janex

I'd keep a close eye on your Trio for a while as some refered aggression may kick off if they get a whiff of Speedy again.

Janex

Thanks Jane, Daisy is still upstairs at the mo so will see how she gets on when she goes back downstairs to the others. Meanwhile I'm going to get ready to go out for some food and a few drinks.... I've not left the house for two days !!

I'm on my last night tonight Julia, so if you'd like some moral support some time over the next few days give me a shout and I'll pop over.x

I'm on my last night tonight Julia, so if you'd like some moral support some time over the next few days give me a shout and I'll pop over.x

Thanks Chloe :D:wave: only just seen this but have a new strategy....

Spoke to Jane D and now have Speedy in dog crate in living room, going for a very slow bond, allowing buns to get used to each others smells, will let Speedy out to chin everything while other buns are upstairs, meanwhile they can see each other through the bars... will gradually get the scents mixed up and try again in a few weeks :D

Feeling much more positive about this way, less stress all round me thinks :D

Sending you bonding vibes Julia.
I saw a pic of your Speedy and can see why you want to bond him in with your trio, what a handsome bun.
He's a laid back bun, maybe the slow bonding will work better. :D

Thanks guys, he has a 'bolt hole' aka a pet carrier in his crate and he's spending most of his time in there at the mo because Nush keeps staring at him :lol::lol:

Edit - he's just come out and is tucking inro his veg :D:D:D

Edit - gone again - nosey Nush !! :lol::lol::lol:

Back