• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not sure what to do :S U/D Back from Vets

Fran

Warren Veteran
I was just checking Rubix over and his breathing sounds quite noisy and his paws look dirty where I'm guessing he's been wiping his nose with his paws. His eyes are fine and he's not sneezing, he's eating fine as well. Should I take him to the vets? I'm going away on Sunday so if there's anything wrong I want him seen to now. Thanks guys xx

Last edited:
Hi Fran sorry to hear rubix is feelgin under the weather... is he an outdoor bun? or do you mean wet paws when you say dirty paws?
Havent really had much experience with this so sorry I cant help that much, btu if you are going away soon and rubix isnt too well then it may be worth going to the vets for peace of mind if nothing else?
(Is he feeding and pooing as normal?)
Hope rubix feels better soon :(

He's inside, in the conservatory that has a heater in it. Yeah he's been eating & pooing fine just that he sounds snuffly. His paws aren't wet but it looks like he's wiped his paws on his nose & now it's dried if that makes sense :? Have booked him in now, couldn't get an appt. till 3.45 though but hopefully that will stop me worrying :) xx

Well thats good Fran, you will know for sure what it is if anything then :D
Let us know how is goes this afternoon, ((((hugs)))) to Rubix

It sounds like Rubix may have a respiratory tract infection which will need antibiotic treatment as soon as possible. These things tend to get worse if left to their own devices.

We're back from the vets, he checked him & Sophie over & there wasn't anything wrong, just said to keep an eye on him. Didn't make us pay anyway :) xx

Thats good news Fran :D maybe it was just something that came and went - bit of dust maybe? Molly is a weezer, always has been, louder in some positions than others... sounds almost like she is protesting sometimes :lol:

Maybe...really don't know tbh. Just hope he doesn't come down with anything while I'm away anyway, I worry enough about my little boy as it is :roll: Person who's looking after them knows to take them to the vets if they're not quite right though :D xx

Back