• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is Piper so hungry??

Rice

Mama Doe
So the last week or so Piper has been acting kinda strange. She acts like she hasn't eaten in days every time I go near her cage, she runs over to me looking for food and looking in her dish when I don't give her any. She eats absolutely everything I give her including all of her hay which she never used to do.

I give her a few handfuls of hay in the morning and throughout the day when she needs more (if I give her too much at once she ends up walking and pooping all over it and then she won't eat it). I haven't changed her diet at all, she's eating the same amount of vegetables and pellets she always has so I don't understand why she acts so starving lately :? :?

She also might be gaining a little weight, hubby thinks she looks a little pudgier than normal. Any ideas what could be going on?

Sorry for the long rambling post...:roll:

Her previous owner wormed her but I haven't done it since I've had her (about 4 months). Would that make her eat more?

could it be the colder weather? eating hay generates energy/warmth & i find my 2 always eat more in the winter months.

Back