• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fight ending in vets

~bailey~

Mama Doe
Bailey and Luuna are now to be single house bunnies :( They have been bonded for about 3 months or more and have been totally fine. About 3 or 4 days ago they started scrapping a little, mainly fur pulling, couple of tiny scratches, most likely accidents. I split them up last night and put them next to each other in separate cages. Tried them together again tonight and they just went for each other :( She bit through his ear and he bit her stomach near her hip. When I checked her over it looked like less than an inch in length, right through the whole layer of skin, but after the vet glued her up he said it was more like 2 inches or so :( So shes on antibiotics and painkillers for 10 days now. And all this after the vets had closed for the night, so I had to pay emergency fees :shock: :roll: Its my most extortionate bill yet :lol: I think she was just trying to top last times! But I've just seen her eat, so yay :D Just got to figure out how to house and exercise 2 separate bunnies in one flat :rolleyes: :lol:

awww that's a shame :( Hope she's better soon! I have to exercise my 2 single bunnies and the group of girls seperately on the patio - it does take a while but once you're in a routine it will be easy - just make sure they can't bite each other's noses :roll:

Sorry to hear your two have had a scrap. I had the same problem with my two. For the past few months they've had seperate crates in the same room. During the night one bunny would have his cage open so he had the run of the room. Then he'd get put back in his cage & the other bunny would have his cage open & have the room to run around in. I found it helpful to keep a stock of vegetables to be used to tempt the free bunny back into his cage cos they very quickly learn when their freedom is about to end & make it very difficult to catch them.

just make sure they can't bite each other's noses :roll:

Yes, they did try that through the bars yesterday :roll:

For sociable animals, they sure are antisocial at times.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Luuna is in a collar now as she kept trying to lick the wound, didn't like it much at first but she seems to be more used to it now, although finds it a bit hard to eat. We had to make new holes in it too, it was so big that she would try to wash her ears and it would just pull right off her head :lol: My OH fed her a caecotroph while I was at work, so sweet of him :love: Back to the vets for a checkup tomorrow, hopefully he will say she is doing ok :)

Back