• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Body language? What does it mean when

Claire

Young Bun
My rabbit throws himself to the floor and rolls over to show his tummy??

The situation is that I am currently trying to bond Ben whom I've had for 4.5 years with a 2.5 yr old bunny called Amber who we got from the RSPCA. Ben was previously bonded with another female who unfortunately died 5 weeks ago.

We're at the stage of putting them together in a natural room, today they didn't fight, but didn't really go near each other either. Ben decided to throw himself to the floor several times rolling over to show his tummy, he then stretched right out with his hind legs flat out behind him - do you think this is a good sign?? Amber was very timid and laid herself down once Ben had rolled himself over.

to me it sounds like he is very relaxed and contented... his tummy is a vunerable part to show so that sounds a good thing to me?!! hope someone with more expeiriance comes along quickly tho xx

Yep, I agree, great progress :) It sounds like they are at the ignore each other stage which involves laying down pretending the other rabbit isn't there, washing pretending the other rabbit isn't there etc. hopefully they'll gradually get closer together whilst ignoring each other and before you know if you'll have two bunnies sleeping next to each other and they'll stop pretending they can't see the other one :lol:

The best thing at this point is just to leave them together in the neutral area, it varies between bunnies but in 24-48hrs they are usually pretty close to bonded :)

:D It sounds like they are ver relaxed together!
My Monty has only just started to flop just like that and this is since he has been with the wonderful Audrey.
It sounds very positive!

Good Luck!

Rolling over like that is a sign of a very relaxed, happy contented bunny :D sounds like he is happy in her company - bless :D

Back