• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my guinea pig just sneeze any reasons why??

jesska

Alpha Buck
i don’t know if I am getting paranoid but he’s done it five time this week when he sat on me, he a indoor pig and never hear it when he in he cage or when he sat on my boyfriend do you think its my perfume or something like that? :?

Maybe it could be.
I was bonding my two piggies just before Xmas in the house, every time i but the new one on my lap on and off she would do a random sneeze, i said to my son [ she must be allergic to humans ] lol, :lol:

she cant be ill cause her nose is all clear and she's bouncing around as normal just seems to have a sneeze when i hold her.

another piggy question...... when i stroke her near her bottom she makes a grrr in noise and kinda shake when i do it,im thinking she's telling me of for doing this?? anyone know?? does any other piggy do this??

My piggies sneeze often, sometimes when they have a hair cut and get a bit irritated by the hair.
Also none of my piggies like their bums being touched so maybe your pig is telling you the same?

Or maybe she likes it!?

no mine don't like their lower back being touched really. The sneezing's probably just something irritating her nose rather than a sign of illness. One of my piggies was sneezing her head off last week - there was actually blood coming out it was so bad :shock: But she was fine next day, so I figured it was a bit of hay or food dust stuck up there irritating her.

My piggy has sneezed on and off ever since I bought him but has never shown any other signs of illness so I've just put it down to either an allergy or he's prone to colds. Unfortunately I've had one myself recently which I understand unlike rabbits can actually be caught by piggys. I've looked at Peter Gurneys website and he suggests a dab of vapo rub on their noes if they are really bad. I tried this on Fudge and he's perked up considerably. Keep a close eye on your piggy - they can deteriorate rapidly so keep a look out for anything else which may suggest he has an infection.

Back