• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

terrible preloved.advice needed.

sue 1974

Alpha Buck
hi everyone. sorry this is in the wrong place but wasn't sure where to put it as the general chat was missing. was looking through preloved and ther is someone who is getting rid of 3 pregnant guinea pigs. now i have g.p as well as rabbits and don't know what to do. i feel so sorry for these piggies and really worried where they could end up. if i get them god knows how many babies i would end up with. i have a spare 6foot hutch, do you think all the girls could live togther even when they start having their babies? when they do have them what do i do with them as i have no real room or time to look after so many. short term is fine though.

what would you all do. help:shock::roll:

where abouts in the country are they? you could email the seller asking them if they have tried to get the pigs into rescue. this time of year mini pigs need to be indoors, i lost the runt from one litter because unfortunately they weren't brought in early enough at the rescue. also be aware this may well be a pet shop supply breeder who cant sell his stock, had 19 pigs come in this way recently. still trying to rehome them now:(

they are in Kidbrook in London. this is 40 miles from me so if i did take them i would ask him to meet me half way. feel so bad for the piggies

TBH a 6 ft hutch for 3 sows who are all expecting is prob not enough, although better than where they are if you dont have the time either then prob best not to, i feel so guilty coz mini pig died on me - the runt - i really wouldnt advise taking them on if you dont have the time. can you post the link? then i can post it on the guinea forum i am on. x jess;)

well no guarantees that anyone can help but there are a few rescues on there so hopefully someone can pick them up or at least offer advice. hope you dont feel i was trying to tell you what to do :? just dont want you to end up with more work than you can handle, your pets must come first;) x jess

well no guarantees that anyone can help but there are a few rescues on there so hopefully someone can pick them up or at least offer advice. hope you dont feel i was trying to tell you what to do :? just dont want you to end up with more work than you can handle, your pets must come first;) x jess

not at all. just glad someone could help and also point out things i hadn't thought of, like how hard it could be to rehome the babies.:roll:

If they were closer I might have been able to take them on.

But I think I'll get some new housing sorted and see if I can foster for Sue at SRR :oops:

do you think all the girls could live togther even when they start having their babies?

Most of the time I would say yes;) We have several females going together in a large pen at school, and when they give birth they share the duties and look after each others young (even nursing them:D)
Only times we've had to separate them is when the mother pigs somehow fell ill:cry: But even then, we once separated a new mother from two of her four babies, since she fell ill, and she needed some babies with her or she would produce too much milk, the other two were nursed by other mothers and did fine:D

Back