• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allen and Page pellets

I normal use SS pellets, but my budget is changing and I've spent the last few hours looking for cheapish rabbit mix/pellets. I've found a few cheap mixes, but I'm not really sure there any good, so I was pleased to learn these pellets are cheaper than SS.

so my question is are they any good?

*note, I know to change over slowly, I've done it several times before*

Evo eats them, but he's still not as keen as he was on the SS. Serves him right for not eating the "new" style SS though. :lol: I'll send you a couple of kg for free if you pay the postage, I only have Evo and we'll never get through a whole sack before it goes out of date.

i think cus they dont put all the rubbish in to make them taste nice bunnies aint keen.... Alvin will leave his in the bowl but eats them when hes hungry... i love it cus it just makes him eat more hay ;)

Evo eats them, but he's still not as keen as he was on the SS. Serves him right for not eating the "new" style SS though. :lol: I'll send you a couple of kg for free if you pay the postage, I only have Evo and we'll never get through a whole sack before it goes out of date.

Thank you for the offer:D, I just ordered a bag from the link fran gave me:oops::D

I hope they like them, they love SS old and new, but it took me a long time to get choci and lily to eat pellets as they love mix:roll: I bought them a bag of mix for christmas as they missed it so much:roll::lol:

Ive only ever had one bunny that wouldnt eat them when I changed over :D Its great value and 9 out of my thirteen buns eat it :D All my young foster bunnies have it too ;)

Ive only ever had one bunny that wouldnt eat them when I changed over :D Its great value and 9 out of my thirteen buns eat it :D All my young foster bunnies have it too ;)

Thats good, I'm not so worried about Baby and Holly as they've never really had mix (a part from a tiny taster yesturday) they've alays eaten all sorts of pellets. Its just Mr and Mrs fussy (choci and lily) :lol: if they really don't like them but the other two do, it would still keep he cost lower than it is now, which is good.

I have a few rabbits who wont eat them but the toughest to change were those on SS.

SS is so tasty its hard to get them to eat anything else, I had to change over very slowly.

All my buns/fosters have a half and half mix of SS and A&P, they do eat the SS first but even the most stubborn buns usually learn to eat them all by a week or so. They're good and great value too, so worth perservering with.:D

I had four that wouldn't eat it when I had all 13 :roll:

Did used to put all the rescues on it when they came in but due to some adopters issues getting hold of it we went back to SS

If the fuss-pots are both good hay eaters they dont need *any* pellets
Just a good variety of hays/dried grasses and Veg every day :D

Janex

Tuesday and Egg are on it - and they much prefer veg first! but they used to go absolutely nuts for SS or Excel, so much so that they would fight, and Tuesday just wouldn't stop eating it.... so I use those only to put in treat balls (so they have to work for it!) I think Egg was getting some stasis problems on Excel as she would eat a lot in one go, so i prefer that she 'grazes' on A&P when she's really hungry!

If the fuss-pots are both good hay eaters they dont need *any* pellets
Just a good variety of hays/dried grasses and Veg every day :D

Janex

Choci and Lily are extremly good hay eaters. but Baby and Holly are better at eating pellets:roll::lol: Everyone gets a huge plie of hay twice daily at the moment (toped up through out the day) and veg in the morning (mainly kale, as its cheap:oops:) and a handfull of SS i the morning. I might just get pellets for Baby and Holly and see what the others think of a pellet free diet:lol:

Our two are on a mix of A&P and SS but they will take the A&P from your hand as treats. Dill definitely prefers the SS and eats A&P when there's no choice, but I think Willow loves both (and any other food passing in front of his nose)

I've used Allen adn Page for a while, and have had no problems with mine not eating them. However, they only get a very small portion, and much prefer their hay and veggies.

I use Allen and page. They did prefer nuggets they did smell quite good.
But with a non eating hay bun, I wanted one of the best.
They love them now.

I recently bought a sack of A&P and can report that all 12 rabbits here eat it (although one tends to leave a few pellets in the bottom of her dish).

Amy

Back