• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i be worried??

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
Wispa has never weed anywhere before and is usually fine with cardboard but we discovered she had found the wrapping on a christmas present (lynx gift set) and an envelope today and this happened on our bed next to said items. Should i be worried?

She is eating fine and pooing fine and has also stopped sneezing and breathing heavy (i was a paranoid bunny mum!)

wee.jpg

They get naughty when they hit the terrible teens! Also have you picked up Zola yet? They sometimes act up when a strange rabbit is about.

Its white because she has excreted calcium, which is normal BUT, is the urine dry? As if it has a gritty feel to it (best felt when wet) she is excreting too much which would indicate her diet is too high in calcium.

Calcium rich veggies are spinach, kale, brocolli and cabbage.

Don't be worried.
My rabbit does that all the time when i'm not looking.
Well used to.
Bucks and doe's tend to either rub their chin on something to mark their terrortory or pee on it, just teach it not to pee on anything.
Clap your hands, and give it no treat, i mean if you still give it treats it will continue doing so.
The best I can say is, just try make it understand it's a bad thing, or litter train it?
My leo, is trained to only pee/wee on the newspaper in a corner O_O

I would run your finger through it next time to check it does not have a gritty feel. If it does then cut down the aforementioned high calcium foods.

Has she been speyed yet?

she was spayed last week. I did touch it, it wasnt gritty. usually her wee is a browny colour unless she has had broccoli. she had it today.

i wasnt worried so much about the colour just that she had done it on my bed and there was a lot of it but i think she walked away mid drip.

After a spey female hormones go all over the place, some animals actually get worse behaviour wise before they get better even if there were no issues before. For examply my dog had a phantom pregnancy and produced milk after her spey.

It should settle down again in a week or two.

I would not worry at this stage.

Back