• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Millet sprays ?

amber26

Warren Scout
I keep birds a lot of birds and by accident i found out my bunnies like millet sprays is this ok ?

And if so how many they allowed to have a week ?

Personally I would say not.

The shells are hard to digest and they will not be spitting them out like the birds. They may get lodged in the gut and cause a blockage leading to stasis.

Also nuts and seeds are high in protein & carbohydrates and can lead to obesity.

Although people sometimes offer an unsalted peanut as a rare treat I personally never give them to my rabbits.

Personally I would say not.

The shells are hard to digest and they will not be spitting them out like the birds. They may get lodged in the gut and cause a blockage leading to stasis.

Also nuts and seeds are high in protein & carbohydrates and can lead to obesity.

Although people sometimes offer an unsalted peanut as a rare treat I personally never give them to my rabbits.

I would have to agree there Sooz x

Back