• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing, chewing all day long

foxyfaerie

Mama Doe
Nyx likes to chew; resulting in him getting told off when he chews the wrong things (he has plenty of the right things to chew :rolleyes:).

I've tried the "Chew Stoppa" from P@H and having used 1/2 a bottle in 2 days with very little effect (apart from my house smelling like Windolene!) I'm left wondering - is there anything else I can try or do to redirect or stop him?

Tell him off?
If my rabbit does something wrong I don't give him his fave treat, or cover it up and spray it with an unpleasent smell? Like one of those rodent sprays keeps pets away from items?
I do it with my Leo. :)

Telling him off makes him stop what he's doing; but he wont learn that if he chews he gets shouted at; therefore to stop being shouted at he should stop chewing.

I think he likes the taste of the chew-stoppa spray!

:wave: I got that spray at pets at home and is useless. some people on here said tea tree oil or vics vapour rub or olbas oil - they seem to work better but you8 have to keep applying them. And make sure you won't ruin what you are putting it on! I need to stop mine as well - they have now ruined my curtains as well as the sofa and carpets. I have also had to have 3 lamps rewired (jhave bought wire cover stuff now). Nightmare!!

i trained both my house buns with a water pistol! naughty = water shot on the bum with a loud firm "NO!"!!

he soon learned :D

no whiffy sprays here!

try spraying with a perfume or one of those cheap body sprays - my mom used this on the walls that her new house bunny kept going to chew and it worked for her. Worth a try :D

Back