• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Intergrating rabbit with cats

bunnytales

Mama Doe
Howdie Folks - hope your all getting into the Christmas Spirit now:D:D -

A lovely lady over the road from me has adpoted a bunny which two little girls got fed up with - at the moment he has his own bedroom:lol::lol: - but she would love to be able to integrate this little boy with the rest of the family which includes two cats - one of which is pretty docile the other one a little bit more fiesty.

Can you great folks tell me of any of your experiences i.e does this work, how did you go about it etc - the bunny is approx two years old and I'm a little worried that it might not work as he has previously not had any contact with cats at all.

Whilst he has been in his new foster home, he has seen sight of the Cats but thumped and scamped back into his bedroom for cover and I'm worried if this bonding will actually work:( and may put the bunny under stress.

All my rabbits mix with Gea the cat and they are not frightened by her at all. Willow, my house bun, was a little worried at first but I intrduced them slow and for short periods at a time. Now the chase each other around the living room. Rosie tends to attack Gea so she keeps out her way. If the buns are getting a bit annoying for her she gives them a little tap and they run away. Take things slowly and keep them supervised and it should be ok.

I have a cat and she is fine. The rabbit will be able to look after itself and the cats will soon give it space. They may bond, but it is more likely they will lern to co-habbit without fuss.

My cat cuddles up in the bunnies hutch with the bunnies :D

Back