• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need vibes for Rolo now =[ u/d much better =D

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
Rolo went quiet last night i thought it was just me being silly as i worry over the slightest things but when i got up this morning he hadnt moved and seemed to be grinding his teeth i carefully felt his tummy and it was bloated thank god my vets were open i got him down asap where he was given a pain killer ive been told to keep an eye on him and to keep him hydrated with water and a pro-biotic and give him fibreplex, im really scared now because i can see a repeat with what happened to Polo :cry: i dont feel i can emotionally cope at the moment, the good thing is hes still pooping although their very small half the size they normally are so i dont know if thats his digestive system slowing down :( he hasnt eaten anything since yesturday afternoon as far as i know as i was at work last night. he became ill after my dads girlfriends 10 year old daughter came over she kept picking him up (which he hates) and she kept putting him on his back and he did panic when she did this and i quickly told her never to do that, could the bloat of sparked off from the strss of being picked up, cuddled and placed on his back?

how can i keep his insides moving? would pineapple juice be better then water? all advice welcome

Last edited:
Sending vibes for a quick recovery.:wave:
I'm can't help with any advice - I'm too new to living with bunnies.

Is the pineapple juice sweetened? If so water will be better.

Sadly stress can be a major contributing factor to GI problems.

Send lots of healing Christmas vibes for little Rolo.

Try offering fresh pineapple juice or fresh pineapple chunks. Boil water, let it drop in temperature until it's just warm & add the pro biotic. Try & get some of these fluids into him every half hour & give him little gentle tummy rubs. Get him moving around for a bit & then let him have a rest on a snugglesafe. Hopefully these things will stimulate the gut into moving properly. Try some Infacol as well to help relieve gas build up.

Lots of love. :love:

It sounds like you caught him really fast, and have done all the right things taking him to the vets. Keep him hydrated, use the probiotic and don't stress him, and I'm sure he will come back to normal in a few days.
Once he is still pooping, even if small - I think he will be grand.

Healing vibes for Rolo.

You're not having a good time at the moment Louise, but you are doing an amazing job. It definately sounds like you've caught him at the right time, love to you both xx

hes now fine :D which has to be the best xmas present this year :D hes back to his old self binkying everywhere and eating everything lol :D

xxxx

Back