• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues and Christmas...

So as usual I was listening to Rother FM the other day and a rescue lady came on saying that rescues don't rehome animals over Christmas because it is a very hectic time of year and for a frightened animal in a strange place this is a bad thing.

Well I've been thinking about it since I heard it and I was wondering... How many people re-home over Christmas? Why do you and why don't you? When you do re-home over the Christmas period do you look for anything extra than normal?

I think each individual situation should be concidered. I have rehomed two rabbits this weekend as the couple they have gone to live with are having a quiet Christmas at home and have the week off to settle the bunnies. Another couple who are adopting two rabbits off me have a large family coming to them so they have reserved the rabbits and are picking them up after the Christmas festivities are over.

We don't rehome at the Blue Cross from 17th Dec to 2nd Jan, partly to avoid people having a pet as a "present", and because of the stress over Xmas of different visitors to the home and all the general distruption over Xmas. We've still been getting plenty of animals reserved though:D

Back