• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad admin at vets

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Anyone elses vets really bad on the admin side of things? :? I've called so many times and left messages with people, and they just dont seem to get passed on. I'm getting a bit mad though now, because Jen is still w/out treatment & shes in a right mess :( Am thinking about just booking an appointment and me going, so I can speak to her about it (£20 consultation fee for asking a vet about them ordering in the new meds though, not even taking an animal..bit of a joke!) Dont know what else I can do, Dont want to change vets as they are fantastic - Just cant organise getting medicine from one place to another!! :roll: X

Mine are terrible :wave: :lol:

I took Buu in once and they had somehow swapped her details over with my cats :? So they thought I was bringing in a cat called Buu :roll: And they made out like I had made the mistake when I registered them but I was like no, Smirnoff was registered at this vet as a cat years before I even got any rabbits :roll: :lol: They said she cant of been :shock: Funny though everytime I took her in before I got the buns no vet ever said hang on a minute we have this animal as a rabbit in our records :lol:

Aww!! Our old vets had Tilly-May registered as Billy-May!! :shock: :lol: And this guy vet always spells Jen as Gen :? Recon vets are just rubbish at this kinda stuff? They are getting a right earful in the morning though, Its horrible looking at Jen and not being able to make it better for her :cry:, and the people who could do, arent :evil: X

Could your vet not try other vets in the area to see if they can get the meds any quicker? x

Well my vets isnt where we live, because they're all total cr*p with rabbits round here. They wouldnt treat Rhi when she was so poorly after her spey (cos she wasnt speyed there), even with me stood there sobbing my heart out - so doubt they'll get me any medicine :roll: X

Sorry read your post wrong, My vets can get it - but they dont pass my messages on to the vet who needs to speak to me about it :roll:

We've only been to our new vets twice so far, but they've already spelt Faline's name as Saline. Even though I spelt it out over the phone as f for Freddy. It mucks up my petplan if the vet has the name wrong.

go to the vets and tell them you are not leaving until you have spoken to the relevent people. poor Jen hope she is feeling better soon

I agree with Jayney. Go in person to your vets (at a time when you don't think they'll be too busy) and order the meds whilst you're there. Or at least get a prescription.

I interrogate the receptionists/vet nurses with difficult questions, so that they usually call one of the vets out to speak to me :lol:

Amy

Back