• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now we have a seriously runny bum

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
It just gets better doesn't it, now Lionel has some seriously runny poo and it smells awful and he decided to lay in it so his white belly and his bum are now brown.
How can I clean him up, is it ok to use baby wipes?

Baby wipes are fine to use :)
Is Lionel on any antibiotics at the moment?

Janex

He had his last injection on Thursday.
After not eating or pooing at all now we have this, I just don't know whats wrong with him.

I have just wrapped him in a towel and one handly cleaned him up a bit he did give me a good kick at first though :?

He had his last injection on Thursday.
After not eating or pooing at all now we have this, I just don't know whats wrong with him.

I have just wrapped him in a towel and one handly cleaned him up a bit he did give me a good kick at first though :?

Is he producing any normal 'currant-like' poo ?

Have you got any Fibreplex or Bio-Lapis ? If so I'd give him that.
Is he a good hay eater? If so I'd just give him hay and water for 24 hours.
I think Christobel is at the surgery tomorrow so I'd give her a call then assuming that Lionel is 'well in himself' at the moment and is eating and drinking

Janex

Is he producing any normal 'currant-like' poo ?

Have you got any Fibreplex or Bio-Lapis ? If so I'd give him that.
Is he a good hay eater? If so I'd just give him hay and water for 24 hours.
I think Christobel is at the surgery tomorrow so I'd give her a call then assuming that Lionel is 'well in himself' at the moment and is eating and drinking

Janex

Yes he has just done some normal poos, its very strange that there is both.
He eats loads and loads of hay I've just cleaned the trays and topped it up and he has jumped right in and eaten some, now he is hunched up in the corner though :(

Yes he has just done some normal poos, its very strange that there is both.
He eats loads and loads of hay I've just cleaned the trays and topped it up and he has jumped right in and eaten some, now he is hunched up in the corner though :(

Hmmmmm :? Well it's good that there are some normal poos and that he is eating. Sounds as though he *might* have a bit of upset in his caecum as a result of the antibiotics. Lots of fibre (hay), fluids and some probiotics should help.

Janex

Hmmmmm :? Well it's good that there are some normal poos and that he is eating. Sounds as though he *might* have a bit of upset in his caecum as a result of the antibiotics. Lots of fibre (hay), fluids and some probiotics should help.

Janex

Thanks for your help Jane, I don't have any probiotics though, where can I get some from (tomorrow obv!)?

Thanks for your help Jane, I don't have any probiotics though, where can I get some from (tomorrow obv!)?

I think the Surgery is open tomorrow and you can get either Fibreplex or Bio-Lapis from there.
Pet Shops often stock Avipro-Plus which is another probiotic that is OK for Buns.

Janex

Back