• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chew toys

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
has anyone ever found any chew toys that last longer than five minutes? I bought a big willow ball for sorrel and she ate the entire thing in one night! driving me mad, i can't get to the pet shop often enough to keep her stocked up with them.

Have you tried a Kong, they are usually for dogs and you can stuff them with treats to keep your dog occupied, but rabbits love it stuffed with hay and some veggie treats. If it is indestructable to a large dog then a rabbit should be no problem for it and ours are in tact so far. They do make a noise though when chucked about the hutch:)

We have a few of the wooden Kong logs and they do keep them occupied for hours.

Anything willow is gone pretty quickly I find but at least they enjoy it!

I didn't know you could get wooden kongs, I thought they were all rubber, do you have a link? I wonder if that would keep Scamp busy :lol:

I use cardboard food packaging. Stuff it with hay, add a few pellets for interest and replace the shredded cardboard leaf overs daily :lol: Sometimes to make it harder I tie or peg it up. Last night I stuffed the card tube from some wrapping paper alternately with a couple of inches of hay, then a pellet until it was full - lots of chewing there.

Tam

We have been donated a few of them, they are like wooden logs hollowed out with holes in the middle and filled with a treat (a bit like a rabbit version of a marrow bone I suppose).

I think they are from the 'Naturals range' at P@H, not sure if they are available elsewhere.

Ill have a quick look.

Thank you :D That's a nice chunky bit of wood! How big are they in actual size? I wish internet sites would put dimensions on :)

About 12cm long with a diameter of 7-8cms. The whole with the filling in is a lot smaller.

Normally I wont feed manufactured treats but they only eat a little at a time and have to really work for it with one of these. One of ours has bark on which they enjoy chewing off too.

Willow rings seem to last a little while with my two. Smokey loves straw/seagrass mats and they last her a little while. However, Inky can chew up a large willow twig in couple of hours!

Willow rings seem to last a little while with my two. Smokey loves straw/seagrass mats and they last her a little while. However, Inky can chew up a large willow twig in couple of hours!

Riley had a fresh Willow ring last night and its al twigs this morning :roll: he ate a wigwam in four hours, the whole thing dissapeared :shock:

wow thankyou, these look like good ideas. they both love to chew but go through them so quickly! im going to try to get some of those logs.

Yep those wood log things that Sooz posted a link to last longer than willow toys :D Straw or seagrass matts last a while too :D

Back