• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold weather & Snotty noses?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Has anyone with snuffle-buns noticed a difference in them during this really freeeezing weather? We thought the cold might kill some of the germs, but its done the total opposite & Jens sneezing was hurrendous last night, Her nose is snottier than its been in a really long time too. Also, Rhia started sneezing :shock: Pretty sure Jens not passed anything on, as shes been showing symptoms for a long time & Rhi hasnt ever...Very odd, but Rhias fine today. So, Just wondering? :) X

Well I've got a snotty nose so it makes a difference to me :p

Sorry, not much help :oops:;):lol:

On the other hand, Chi's eyes get so much worse in this awful weather my poor baby boy :cry:

Think he might have to have an eye removed :?

My Smokey is really suffering at the moment. She was OK until about a week ago, then her eyes really started streaming and she's started snoring really loudly. :(

The vet says her chest is clear at the moment (touch wood).

Sometimes I think I should bring her indoors to be a house bunny, but some people reckon that central heating can make snuffles worse. I'm really undecided, but the older she gets the more worried I get about her!

Amy

My outdoor snuffle bun is fine but my indoor one is suffering, I was wondering if it was the heating drying the air out and aggravating them?

I have heard Maverick & Riley sneeze too but I think I have worked out what is causing Rileys and he is moving cages tomorrow.

Sooz

Riley did quite a lot of dry sneezes for the first day or so he was here, but then it suddenly stopped and I never heard him again. I wonder if it's a stress thing? His sneezes certainly didn't have a wet, snuffley sound to them. :?

Amy

Thyme has just got back outside after being indoors for 2 wks. she had a really wet nose and was sneezing lots. back out today and her nose is slightly damp, but i think that may be stress at having to go back in with the other 6, will leave her out and check on her, i think being indoors helped to clear it up, but agree with the comments about dry air. the central heating has really dried out my skin this year. :?

Sooz

Riley did quite a lot of dry sneezes for the first day or so he was here, but then it suddenly stopped and I never heard him again. I wonder if it's a stress thing? His sneezes certainly didn't have a wet, snuffley sound to them. :?

Amy

I think I know what it was, he was in one of the enclosed cages and I had lined his litter tray with sawdust because straw and paper was not absorbant enough for him....because of the poor ventilation the smell and dust was making him sneeze so he moved into one of the open cages today to see if it makes a difference.

Back